Which Pre/Pro regardless of $$$

The more I read about, or shop for a Preamp/Processor, the longer the list is getting. I currently have
* Sony TA-E9000ES
* Parasound amps (220W x 5)
and want to upgrade the whole system:
I've started with speakers...

*** (1st part of upgrade) JM LAB 936 Electra Speakers w/matching center(c901) and surrounds (906).
Now I need my pre/pro.
Want to achieve a system that will shine for both Movies and Music.
However, since I already have a dedicated 2ch system; if I had to choose music vs. movie performance in this system, I would give the nod "slightly" towards movie performance .

On my list (so far)....
* Bryston SP1.7
* EAD TM 8000 (is their a sound benefit w/ the PRO version ?? will the new 8800 be worth wait/$$ ??)
* Krell HTS 7.1 (does this model still "pop" when locking onto a digital source ?, does it still miss the first few seconds of sound from cd/dvd while locking onto digital source? I ask only because the older HTS models had this problem)
* Tag Mclaren AV32R bp-192
* Lexicon MC-8B

I've already auditioned Sunfire, Anthem, and Aragon; and am working on the above. I would like (and appreciate)feedback and/or recommendations on any of the Pre/Pro's listed above.

I would like
* Analog pass-thru for SACD/DVD-A
* Bass Management (for the SACD/DVD-A as well; if possible)
* DPLII, DTS,DD, etc.., etc..
* The ability to listen to stereo sources with the Front L/R main speakers set to Large and still be able to use (or not use) the sub when I want.
**** MOST IMPORTANT - Excellent SOUND !!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!
Paul
capnizzy
I vote for EAD TM 8000.
I own the EAD TheaterMaster Ovation (older version of EAD TM 8000)and I love it.
It does best on home theater and 2 channels music.
Happy Hunting.
I have an EAD TM8000 pro. I actually added this to my 2 channel setup for home theater and preserved the 2 channel path which includes a Wadia Transport, digital Lens, TacT RCS 2.0s, dCS Purcell/Delius, and Placette dual mono preamp. The EAD TM8000 is so outstanding I'm beginning if I need to preserve the isolated path for 2channel. I'd definitely go with the EAD over the others you mentioned.
You should at least audition the Classe SSP-60. I have an SSP-75 and I don't have the harshness problem Cytocycle mentioned. The -75 is very good at sonics, and reportedly the -60 is in the same league - on the other hand the -60, being a much newer model, has the 7ch etc. (My 75 does not handle the sub as you desire, though. Not sure about a 60.)
Check out the review of the Parasound Halo c1 in Widescreen Review.
The c2 can be had new for around 3200.00 and offers the same sonics as the c1.
Widescreen Review is one rag that is not afraid to say what they think and they have had very negative comments about popular amplifiers from Canada as well as England that other rags praise.
They also have commented on Sacd's sonic advantage over dvd-a when other rags were/are fence sitting wimps.
In other words, you can take there reviews with 2 grains of salt instead of the usual 1.
i'm relatively new to this forum, but does the theta casablanca fit in this picture?