Is it possible to remote on a tube amp

Is it at all possible to remote turn on a tube amp without hurting it. What I am considering is a power conditioner to remote power a tube amp!

Thanks
vongwinner
Ken if you want to power down sequentially, won't doing by remote via your power conditioner turn everything off at the same time? I know what you mean about those late night listening sessions, as every once and a while I forget putting it back into standby, the final step in my sequence. Doh!
Jim: The 2500 has a set of outlets that are timed on/off so that the amps can go on last and off first. The unit is controlled remotely by the presence or absence of a 110V potential across a special input. I'm using a cheap remote controlled receiver with a switched outlet to control the whole thing. It isn't elegant, but it works very well.

Sugarbrie: Sadly, the CJ preamp doesn't have external facilities for controlling anything, and the amps (Premier 12's) are not designed to be remotely powered. I can use the remote to turn the premap on, but its not a terribly useful feature in the overall scheme. I do know that Furman has a current sensing remote unit for their power conditioners, but the 2500 was a better fit for my budget at the time.

Cheers,
Ken
There is a very expensive power conditioner that I have seen which gradually increases and decreases the AC power when turned on/off (its at audioadvisor.com). So if you are worried about a big voltage spike, this would take care of your concerns.

I think remote powering is a very big issue. I have a stereo in the bedroom which I need to be able to have remote-on to wake up and remote-off when falling asleep. I don't want the amps on all night so it makes sense to power these on/off and leave the other stuff on all the time.