Surround processor recommendations

Well, I just got my Anthem AVM back from repair at Sonic Frontiers. Take it out of the box and it's in worse shape then when I sent it in. Unit is less then 18 months old and it's going out with the garbage.

So, I need recommendations for a new processors. I need a unit that will be used primarily for audio so sound quality is important in 2 channel. It must pass HD component video and 3 inputs would be a plus but 2 would suffice. It must also have a 12 volt trigger and balanced outputs would be great.

Processors that I am considering: adcom GTP-860, b&k ref 50, Parasound Halo C2. Unit must be new and come with manufacturers warranty.
prpixel
Just curious. Which Anthem and what was wrong with it? I have the AVM 2 and it's been trouble free.
Try to listen to a sunfire theatergrand if you can, has everything on your list (I have not listened to the new model) but I am very happy with my theatergrand II.
I just bought a new pre/pro, I listen to 80/20 music/HT.

I auditioned Bryston Sp1.7, B & K ref50, Classe SSP30, Krell Showcase, and before my last pre/pro purchase(Rotel RSP-976) I had auditioned Sunfire, Rotel, Acurus, and Aragon.

In 2 channel Bryston easily bested all, Classe Second, Krell, Sunfire, and Aragon were a toss-up. Each good in its own right but not perfectly suiting my taste.

I would recommend you give Bryston a listen. Although Bryston doesnt have Video switching, it mucks up the audio by their philosphy, I agree. They do offer an outboard video switching unit if it is a must.

I havent listened to the Anthem, Adcom, or Parasound. I have only heard good things about Anthem though, sorry for your troubles. I have also heard good things about the Integra Pre/pro and a lot of folks really like the Sunfire TGs too.

In HT (DTS/DD) I really didnt noticed a huge difference between them, although each had its own presentation. ie some had more center or rear bias, some gave the impression of more forward vocals, etc. I chalk this up to setup, I feel that given time to tinker you can get all the good ones working to your own liking/tastes.

Go give 'em all a listen, and I hope you find the right one for you.
The Adcom GTP Series is downright terrible having poor (2) channel and a noisy background. The B&K Reference 50 is great for HT full of Bells & Whistles; however, it comes up short in (2) channel also. I have not listened to the specific Parasound Pre-Pro so I cannot comment on its performance.

I was in the market for a similar processor and decided on the EAD TheaterMaster 8000. Pared up with my Theta Dreadnought it excels in both (2) channel and HT. You may want to look into the Ovation if you wish to take it up to the next level. The three you mentioned are not known for great (2) by any stretch of the imagination.

EAD was my second choice as the Theta Casablanca II was just a little out of my reach at this time, having spent several thousand dollars on my HT this year already. It was hardly a compromise.

Good Luck,

Michael