Can the projector be 20 ft away from the screen?

I'm considering buying a projector to use in my home theater setup. I live in a loft...my room is 70 ft long by 22 ft wide and my ceilings are 25 ft high. Ceiling mount is almost out of the question and I don't want a projector sitting in the middle of the floor.
18 feet will have to be the minimun throw for me to consider for a projector. I would like the projector to be against one wall and throw the image 18 to 22 ft across to the other wall. Is this attainable and still get good picture quality?
128x128mitch4t
What kind of projector? What kind of Screen? All of these things are vitally important.
Hello, in the directions to my sharp projector it tells me approx. how large the image will be with different length throws and it lists up to 58.4ft. minimum throw and on that catagory it doesn't list a maximum which means to me that you can put the thing 70 feet away and just zoom way in and still get a great picture, I had(I use past tense because my projector fried in a recent electrical storm, and I am now dealing with the insurance company) a 15ft throw and it made the image 100" and a GREAT picture with progressive scan and a good component video cable and a complementing screen it is very enjoyable as long as your room isn't too bright- so there are a lot of factors with front projectors to ensure truly good results. FWIW the 58.4 ft minmum indicates a 500in image that it will produce :) I don't think 20ft is too far by any means just means you'll have potential for a HUGE image.
To Ksales, I don't have a prjector or screen. I'm trying to see if a projector is a feasible idea for my room.