Anyone ever read the listener magazine

Hi, has anyone read or subscibed to this magazine. They seem to talk about British products and turntables mostly.
twilo
Yes, I've had a subscription to "Listener" for the past year, and do not plan to renew it. "Listener" is kind of hip and clever, and sometimes has review articles I find useful, but over the past year there has not been enough solid content to suit me. If you want a audio-oriented mag that is fun to read, "Listener" will fill the bill. If you want good equipment or music reviews, look elsewhere. The most telling remark I can offer is that I save my old issues of "Stereophile", "The Absolute Sound", and "The Sensible Sound", whereas I have thrown out all of the issues of "Listener" once I've read them.
I've read it. The reviews are very honest I believe--they seem to be less swayed by advertising dollars than many of the other magazines. But it is a "clicky" kind of a magazine. By that I mean they do gravitate to certain things, such as analog, tubes, and single driver speakers. Most of the things they review do not interest me with the exception of a few cartridge reviews they have done. The music review is also disappointing. Every now and then they have non-equipment review articles that are of genuine interest--like the one on Record cleaning. They printed about 20 methods (from various analog users).
Not a bad sheet, all in all. But their fetish for all things tubed gets to me. Probably will not renew the subscription. If you want a look into a real strange mind, it's worth getting just to read Harvey "Gizmo" Rosenberg's column. I'm still trying to figure out what star system he hails from.

Level of writing is generally very good..... if you can accept their fixation on vinyl and tubes. I don't doubt their honesty; just don't share their world view.
It's good. Nice balance to overly slick 'phile and overly pompous TAS. I read them all anyway. Don't you listen to more than one radio station?