Problems with Parasound AVC 1800

I've bought an used AVC1800. Diring DD/DTS playback there is
a buzzing (not ground AC)sound from all channels except the center that is noticeable on 0dB and over volume.
Parasound sent me a new DSP card. It did not solve the problem. There are also some pops between tracks with the CD
playback. Does anybody have the same problems?
I'm going to ship the unit to Parasound for service.
eugeb
Ship it.Its under warranty and they pay for return shipping.I bought mine used here and during shipping solder broke loose from Toridial transformer.[cracked the board].They fixed problem and upgraded chip[without me asking].I told them I bought it used also.GREAT SERVICE from Parasound!!Turnaround time 7 days!Cal to Wisc.Returned it in a factory box too which I didn't have.I'm Happy and Its a great unit.
Have you ever tried adjusting your digital input levels ? While i don't think that this is your main problem, it might be worth a try.

I too had to crank the tar out of the volume control to get good levels out of my HT system. Between that and the very slow speed that the volume ramps up or down at, i decided to sell mine. For the money, i think that it was the best processor that i had tried. Too bad it didn't have a phono section or analogue pass through. Then again, you can get these things for "peanuts" now, so you can't really knock them. Sean
>
If noise is coming from your unit send it back. it is probaly the loose solder. This is a known problem with some of thier products. I have many and after they said it could be a ground loop problem they discovered the solder broke off. I have their seperate 1500 pre/pro system with 3 1000a tuner etc. Their customer service is great!! If your unit is slow to volume change remotes.It is not the product. their version of remotes are poor.
I have received an exchange unit from Parasound and it still all the same. If I can live with poppings between CD tracks (some more expensive AV controllers do the same), but the digital noise from the front channels during DD/DTS playback is unbearable for me. Is this problem common for all AVC 1800 or there is something wrong with my setup?
Thanks,
Eugene