I need help with DTS

Sorry about my stupidity, but I'm new to this. I currently have a denon receiver that has dolby digital DTS capabilities. So, do I need to buy a dvd player that also claims dts capability? I don't quite understand the whole dts picture. I appreciate any clarification.
endossmoke
That is correct make sure they both say DTS on the front. Hooking them up is easy. Take care:~)
Endo, it can be a pain getting all your settings right on your receiver to playback DTS the first few times. You'll eventually become fluent with all the steps involved, but if you have a learning remote that supports macros that could eliminate all the button pushing.

Let's say you've been listening to music in 2-channel mode and want to switch to DTS to watch a DVD. Usually, you'd need to follow the steps outlined by Plato above. With my old Marantz pre/pro I need to specify BOTH 5.1 playback and coax input.

Recording a macro and assigning it ONE button makes things a breeze. Once you get it set, you just press one button and it switches all the inputs and modes from 2-channel CD to DTS DVD. Pretty cool.

Have fun!
An even better way is to get a processor that that THX Ultra like one of the Meridians or even a Marantz Receiver. The THX processing, while not actually an encoding like DD or DTS will blow them both away. Also, a THX processor can output THX even if the DVD player is not a THX one. Just a thought