Krell versus Levinson experience

As posted some time ago, its is difficult to get to have A-B comparisons between amplifiers in Europe, because dealers don´t like to provide home loans. I managed however to spend a whole morning comparing a Krell 200 FPBc, which was my initial first choice and a Levinson 335. Speakers were Martin Logan Prodigy, the front end was a Krell KAV 300CD(non cast) and cable was Transparent. I was astonished as how large the difference bteween the two was. The Levisnon sounded (i) much more controlled in the low and mid bass, (ii) similar in resolution but with a much more relaxed delivery , (iii) with wider soundstage. It may have been the Martin Logans and interconnects, but I had always thought that Krell FPBs matched Martin Logans quite nicely. Just tought I would metion it here as this was a most unexpected result (at least for me)
fchurtic
It is well known on this forum that Krell is the most overrated, overpriced "high end" equipment around. No surprise that it didn't sound like much.
I'm not surprised - the Levinson 334, 335 and 336 are perhaps the very best amplifiers available (at least in the under $10,000 range).
My experience (my own ears) with the FPB series amps is that they mate better with tube front-in equipment, (tube preamp, cd player, etc.) rather than solid state. I have found that not all equipment mates that well and by changing equipment, the sound of music also changes. What is good to hear Fchurtic is that you are taking the time to actually audition different equipment prior to making your decision, as you began by starting a thread a few days ago comparing FPB 200 to FPB 300. The joy and sometimes painful experiences as I have witnessed in obtaining "sonic nirvana". My opinion on Krell is by no means overrated nor overpriced as to me (my own ears) mated with the right equipment has brought "sonic nirvana" to my ears. Good Luck in your search, sounds like you are taking the right steps.