2-Channel to home Theater

I'm currently building a 2-channel system consisting of teh following components:

Sonic Frontiers Line 1 Tube Preamp
Thorens TTA2300 Dual Mono Amp (140 wpc, totally separate power supplies and cords -- very sweet)
Joseph Audio RM25Si Loudspeakers
Camelot Round Table DVD/CD Player
Panasonic CT34wx50 16:9 34" Direct View

If I want to go multi-channel at some later date, what would be the best way to go for electronics? Does anyone have recommendations for a surround processor that would mesh well in this system?
abuckf52d
You could get a HT receiver and run it through the tape loop of the preamp. If you have a processor loop on your preamp that would be preferrable. Use the existing system for front L&R speakers. Use the HT reciever to run center and rears.
I was going to reccomend EAD Encore processor but then read the review above and have to agree- just get a good reciever for the home theater and keep your left and right speakers as far away from your tv as you can, it will kill the sound staging of your speakers.
Ditto on the receiver. Any model with outputs for the front channels will work. The downside is the rats nest of wires you will have when you hook this up. I have a set up like this and am thinking of getting rid of the receiver to simplify my system. 5.1 is great for the few movies that have great soundtracks, but for most films, a good two channel system is good enough.
I also use a receiver to power my center,surrounds, bass/LFE port and provide digital processing and a tuner. Having a processor loop or HT bypass loop is helpfull because once engaged, all HT functions(setup,volume control, etc.) are controlled by the receiver and yous 2 channel setup is mearly an add-on 2 channel amp. powering the front two speakers. Works great.