Audio Research 100.2 amp

I have been in the market for amp upgrade. Integrated was my first option, but someone recommended ARC 100.2 power amp for audition. Does anyone know or have experience with this amp? I did a little research on the net but could not find much. Any input would be appreciated. MY speakers are Sunes Faber Signum and Pioneer DV-525 (to be mod'd and DAC to be added later). Music preference is 95% classic, especially strings and chorals. Also, any recommended dealer, approx price would be great! Thanks. Ken
khokugo
I have personally owned a 100.2 and I can attest to it's great sound. The only solid state I have owned that sounded as good or better was a Pass Labs Aleph 0s. The Monarchy amps sound very nice too.
Khokugo: Stereo Exchange in NYC is an authorized ARC dealer. You could call them to see if they've got the amp on display.
Rcprince: Gosh, thank you very much! I will visit them. Have you ever dealt with them? Good experience? Thanks again. Ken
khokugo, forgive me, but i'm not sure what it is you refer to, when you ask about articles *on this*. my opinion about the 100.2 being "clandestine" cuz its a ss amp made by a company known for their toob-stuff is yust that - an opinion. my experience listening to the arc stuff driving the proacs is also yust that - *my* experience. i can say, tho, that its owner bought the arc gear cuz he already had & liked the proacs, & it's what proac recommended he buy for their speakers. he also told me he heard from a reliable source at arc that arc's owner uses this same amp-n-pre to drive proac 2.5's in his own home, but i can't swear this is true...

regards, doug

Sedond: sorry for confusion. I really appreciate your opinion. Totally aside from that, I was just wondering further whether there has been some publicity about it. I am now curious how it could match with Sonus Faber..... Ken