Audio Research 100.2 amp

I have been in the market for amp upgrade. Integrated was my first option, but someone recommended ARC 100.2 power amp for audition. Does anyone know or have experience with this amp? I did a little research on the net but could not find much. Any input would be appreciated. MY speakers are Sunes Faber Signum and Pioneer DV-525 (to be mod'd and DAC to be added later). Music preference is 95% classic, especially strings and chorals. Also, any recommended dealer, approx price would be great! Thanks. Ken
khokugo
Also take a look at the VT100s.... I personally prefer the tubes to the Solid State in ARC gear...
The ARC VT100 tube amp (you did mean the tube ARC, right?) is the gold standard in tube amplification today. It is as good as the rest of your system and does everything amazingly well (I've owned one for about three years). Yes, there are amps that will do one-or-the-other thing better (see: Single ended triode), but for plug-and-play good for the next ten years amplification, your search ends with the VT-100 (or VT100 Mk II, or VT-100 MK III). It costs between $500 & $750 (depending on dealer ethics) every two years to retube (bummer) but the best is always more trouble (and worth it). Did I mention the amp is only as good as the rest of your system? Enjoy!
I own a ARC 100.2 And it a great sounding amp. When people think of Audio Research, they automatically think tubes. That is why this amp is so overlooked. I auditioned it along with a ARC VT100mk2, and if money is ANY consideration, get the 100.2. It sounds much more like a tube amp than a ss amp. The 100.2 is $3000 new and about $1800 to $2000 used if you can find one. Check out the ads on Audiogon a see how many VT100mk2's are listed compared to the 100.2. You very seldom see 100.2 for sale used. That's because people that own them love them so much. The 100.2 just sounds like music and you can't get better than that.