Arcam Diva AVR100...any good???

Does anyone have any experience with this receiver? I understand it has an analog bypass and can be had for as little as $1000. Thanks.
rch_cahb6e7
Chris,
Thanks for the advice. I am fairly new to this hobby and to Audiogon, and I appreciate any help or advice from others. BTW, since I live in the metro Chicago area, I think I should be able to find local dealers who would allow home auditions of those units. I will definitely give the Arcam a try.
Thanks,
George
Any time. I just reread the entire discourse above and I see now there may have been a percieved inconsistency in my advice from your perspective. At first, I said goto Areview. Then I said you can't believe a thing over there. You may have already figured it out.

There are two kinds of reviews over there. Pro and Ams. Neither one in objective or unbiased. The Ams get on there drunk from the shine of theie new stuff and write write write. You get the idea, everything is 5 stars, nothing can sound any better even for 100X the $.

But there is also an archive of pro reviews over there. There aren't unbiased either, but not as obvious, and maybe more informative. Access these as per instructions above. I know there is at least one, I remember it.

I don't think you will be sorry, they say it smokes anything near it in price range at 2ch. Later.

Chris
i have had both the avr100 and dvd88 for a few months.both are excellent machines,nothing as good at their price point.combined they perform with excellent clarity and very sharp picture resolution,matches up to serious hi fi equipment quite well.
Ptresslar, may I ask what speakers and cables are you using with the Arcam? I am curious because I am worried that the AVR100 might not have enough juice for the NHTs (86db sensitivity)...