Arcam Diva AVR100...any good???

Does anyone have any experience with this receiver? I understand it has an analog bypass and can be had for as little as $1000. Thanks.
rch_cahb6e7

Showing 4 responses by mgs

Hey Chstob, have you heard about the QA problems that the new Arcam DiVAs are having? I have read a few reviews where they praised the performance but complained about the quality of the unit (since it's made in China)...
Rch_cah, I am also looking for receivers in the sub-$1000 category. E-mail me if you would like to discuss more on this subject.
Regards,
George
Chris,
Perhaps those reviews were done by Arcam bashers (I found them on Audioreview)...What other receivers in the same price range would you recommend auditioning? I am considering Denon 2801/3801, Nakamichi AV10, and Marantz (forgot the model); do you have any experience with any of these units?
Thanks,
George
Chris,
Thanks for the advice. I am fairly new to this hobby and to Audiogon, and I appreciate any help or advice from others. BTW, since I live in the metro Chicago area, I think I should be able to find local dealers who would allow home auditions of those units. I will definitely give the Arcam a try.
Thanks,
George
Ptresslar, may I ask what speakers and cables are you using with the Arcam? I am curious because I am worried that the AVR100 might not have enough juice for the NHTs (86db sensitivity)...