Arcam Diva AVR100...any good???

Does anyone have any experience with this receiver? I understand it has an analog bypass and can be had for as little as $1000. Thanks.
rch_cahb6e7
They say it's really nice, for the money, and especially for the 2ch. playback. Rather buy the Arcam than what it should compete against at the price point, denon etc. But my point of view is biased, I really like Arcam. Saw a used set of both the AVR100 and the DV88 super-double-throw-down DVD/CD player the other day for around $1300 on audio shopper.com. Can't beat that with a stick.

There are a couple of reviews floating around, but can't remember where. Try the audioreview receiver page, then pick one (any one i.e., sony), once there, there is a link in the corner to general pro. reciever reviews. Hope it helps.
Chris
Hey Chstob, have you heard about the QA problems that the new Arcam DiVAs are having? I have read a few reviews where they praised the performance but complained about the quality of the unit (since it's made in China)...
Rch_cah, I am also looking for receivers in the sub-$1000 category. E-mail me if you would like to discuss more on this subject.
Regards,
George
Mgs, No, I have not heard about such problems. I had a DIVA DV88 and thought both the build quality and performance were very high, it gave no trouble whatsoever. I also thought much better than the preceeding line DIVA replaces, since I generally prefer metal to plastic. It is designed in the U.K., even if assembly is outsourced to China, I understand. Still a fan.
Chris
Chris,
Perhaps those reviews were done by Arcam bashers (I found them on Audioreview)...What other receivers in the same price range would you recommend auditioning? I am considering Denon 2801/3801, Nakamichi AV10, and Marantz (forgot the model); do you have any experience with any of these units?
Thanks,
George
George, I can't really, no experience to speak of. I say, though, if you have to take a chance, or buy blind without proper auditions, take the chance on Arcam over the others. As for audioreview, you can't almost believe one thing you hear over there, good or bad. That place is loaded with knuckleheads. Best of luck with your search.
Chris