WOOLCOT AMPS - Anybody heard these?

I have heard these are reasonbaly-priced products and are fast and powerful, but know nothing of their sound. How do they match up against other top-tier tube gear?
hungryear
I heard an earlier version of the Wolcott at a dealer in southern Cailfornia who was auditioning them as a possible addition to his line. Though quite good, the "breakthrough" Wolcotts were no match for 3 top tier "conventional" tube amps, one close in price. I understand that the amp has been, and in fact, is still, being revised. The dealer chose not to take the work-in-progress on. They are certainly promising. Time will tell.
These are Wolcot not Woolcot amps. Yes, I used to own a pair of these amps. They are very liner and neutral. They mate very well with Sound Lab speakers or Quad speakers. They didn't work well with the Wisdom Audio speakers(which are what I'm currently using). Jbm - [email protected]
With all due respect they are: WOLCOTT AUDIO PRESENCE mono block tube amplifiers, manufactured by Wolcott Audio Inc., 2250 N. Bigelow Ave., Simi Valley, CA 93065.
I did hear them at Stereo Unlimited in San Diego. They are very powerful. Lots of EL34's. The designer (Mr. Wolcott) has many years of experience. He has put extensive work and knowledge into his amps. Highly recomended. Scott
Khrys, the revision you spoke of would lead one to believe this is a product going through some evolution. The Wolcott's design is essentially unchanged, the revision is a selector switch on the rear that will allow these amps to be used with a larger variety of speakers. This feature is minor, and can be added to older amps, often by the owner. The only other revision is the OPTION of a new wide band transformer. This was developed specifically for the Soundlab speakers, as their impedance in the extreme top (@ 22K HZ) is 2.6 ohms. This is NOT a revision, the amps are still available with the original transformer, and the new wide band is an option, for an additional cost of $500.00. I might add, unless you and/or you dealer have listened to the Wolcott for at least 250 hours, you have not really heard it at it's best. The changes mine have gone through are amazing, and they are still breaking in. Tubes are absolutely critical to the performance of this amp, and I am still surprised at the changes that are occurring as I test with various tube combinations. One last thing, you did not say what other amps you and your dealer are comparing these to. I have compared my Wolcotts to many other amps, and there are not many that are even in this price range. The Wolcott is only $8495.00 retail. The Atmasphere MA2 MK11, the VTL 700, the Viva Aurora, Tube Research GT400, and others are all below, equal, or slightly better in performance to the Wolcott's, depending on your speaker and your opinion. All these I mention are from $20,000 to $32,500.00. From two and a half times, to nearly quadruple the price, certainly something to consider when making comparisons.