Absolute Best DVD Player?

What is the best DVD player (Up to $4000 retail) for best sound, video, and build quality? Thank you. Rick
rick5189
California Audio Labs 2500 is probabely the best player made. It is 2500.00 and build completely in California. Most dvd players use a Pioneer or Panasonic platform to start off. This player exceeds what is capable based upon those platforms. Check out Widescreen Review. It is part of an American designs system that is setting new performance standards for hometheater.
I picked up the Farouja for a steal. At the time I owned 1 $1000.00 Sony. The picture quality is slightly better. Especially the blues and greens but nothing significant. Where this player really excelled was the sound quality. It is unbeleivable. I think the sound was designed by EAD. I even used it as a tempoary cd transport and it really shinned. It is extremely dissapointing that it isnt DTS but the sound quality is so good I would be suprised if another player in DTS would sound as good as this one in Dolby Digital.
I have just installed a new Arcam DV-88. It has been rated by Britt 'Home Theater' as the best they have tested. It really is good! It is also great as a CD player too.
Wlaser, I'd like to know more about the Arcam. i thought it wasn't out yet. Where did you purchase, any links, how much if you don't mind my asking. Thanks, have a joyous Christmas.
I purchased from a dealer in Florida. Go to the Arcam web site(listed on this site). They have a list of dealers and a copy of the review.