Tubes & Audio Research Corp.

When Audio Research ships a set of tubes, they have them individually marked to match a certain area where they want you to install them. As long as they are the same type of tube does it make a difference which tube goes where? Are you better off buying replalcement tubes through Audio Research and pay 3 times the normal price for them for the testing they do?
haydn_josef
The integrity of a dealer is at stake here by not specifically indicating who it isn't leaves all to assume who it is. There was only one mention of a specific dealer and by reference in later posts ALL were to assume that it was the same dealer. If Kevin of Upscale is the wrong "California Guy" it should be stated and the air cleared. Will
Let's find out who it is that's been "wronged". How 'bout your name? E-mail so we talk man to man? Phone number? __________Or this other "California tube dealer" if it isn't me you are trying to slander. Don't try the "backpeddling" stuff. _________________I think most folks see through this. I went through something similar on Audio Asylum a few years ago. Guy outright lied. I had the records. Posted them on the website. He had to admit he fibbed. _________________Could be another tube dealer. Could be a jerk. Anonymity adds a bit of bravado to people that may not feel to good about themselves otherwise. I sincerely hope you work it out.
I sure am getting pissed at the thought of someone with an earned reputation being slandered by some idiot. Some don't have any idea, care, or concern what it means to "earn a reputation." Takes years and lots of transactions. I would also say I am first in line to shut down a rip off artist, but I say Upscale (who I have never dealt with - I'm still ss) answers in a manner to make me believe he is upfront and honest. Upscale, I can sympathise...as a veterinarian, I have had people tell bold face lies about all kinds of things, and man does it hurt. Highend also jumped on a great and honest dealer I have done mucho business with, (Simply Music,) and he/she was dead wrong on that deal too. Upscale, you can count on my business when I go tubing. There are a lot of nice people within the mix of the increasingly angry ones. (I guess this is why m & m sells so many cd's.) Charlie
I have purchased tubes from Kevin Deal for my GTA SE40, my GTA SEP-1SE, an my SF line 2. In all cases, I have been extremely happy with the tubes. Kevin knows his tubes, how they will sound with a certain model and takes the time to test them thoroghly. No one in this industry can offer this level of service (BTW I live near Buffalo, NY and am not related to Kevin). I plan on contacting him soon to buy more tubes.
I have talked to Kevin on the phone 3 different times.I at first was after some free advice and wasnt really planning on buying from him as I felt I would shop around for the best price.He spent time with me even though I knew he was busy.He answered all my questions and was nice when I didnt make an order.I called him a couple weeks later and he remembered me and answered a couple more questions.I decided to buy some NOS tubes from him based on the fact he was so gracious and made a recommendation I trusted.He gave me a good price on some Tels and Radiotechniques.My Rogue 99 sounds incredible now.Kevin didnt make much money on the sale but still treated me like I was important.He sent exactly what he said he would and these tubes perform how he predicted they would.I wont shop around anymore for the best price again.I got killer tubes at a killer price from Upscale Audio.