Receiver-- good stereo sound quality

I am looking for a receiver (about US$800) with outstanding two stereo sound quality( 80% music, 20% HT), grateful if anyone offer valuable suggestion
huijames96f5
HT Receivers are designed for digital sound with music an afterthought. If music is 80%, then get a receiver or integrated amp made for music and then add a separate digital decoder. If you do not care about the new Dolby Digital, DTS, etc (HT only 20%) and can live with the older but still fine Dolby Pro-logic you can pick up an older used decoder pretty cheap. I am more like 95% music and 5% movies. I am very happy listening to movies on 2 channels. You could skip the HT and spend the whole $800 on a musical amp/receiver. If you want to stick with receivers check out NAD, Rotel, Onkyo.
buy a b&k 307 305 or 202 reciever these are the best receivers on the market for home theater use and the best sound you wiil find period for your music in a home theater unit.go check one out good luck
Most people seem to enjoy the 2 ch sound of Maramtz products based on what I have read in HT newsgroups. I guess they are smooth sounding units.
If your tv doesn't have a component input,and you have fairly efficient speakers, the Outlaw Audio 1050. Excellent imaging and very accurate and detailed mids and highs. Got mine in June, very satisfied. Only sold thru their website.