Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
Hi Al, yep, Oh, absolutely. You can increase delay, but you cannot decrease the delay. If any designer ever over compensated with Baffle step compensation or match pad, you cannot remove that resistance or speed up the passive parts inside. On the other hand, you can add delay electronically. What I have loved reading about the DEQX is that once mic'd, it will automatically adjust time delay and help eq... This is a tremendous benefit. I would also suggest that you take your current crossover points and try taking a listen at very steep slopes, say 48db per octave. On some speakers that alone can make things more coherent and easy enough to reverse if it doesn't work out. Good Luck with it, Let us know how you like it, Tim
The comment to use steep crossover slopes is for those that can bi amp that still have their crossovers in place.... sorry for any confusion.
Andrew (Drewan77) --- been following the last several posts. As you know, I just bought the PreMATE. Larry, the DEQXpert, set it up. Interestingly, he cut the self powered sub woofer off at 120 Hz and let the speakers' passive woofers take it from there until they crossed over to mid-driver at 200 or so Hz.

Based on Larry's measurements, my sub woofer is pretty flat down to about 13 Hz, which is pretty low. Kinda weird, but the speaker's woofers are covering about 80 to 100 Hz of bandwidth. So, the bottom line here is that the heavy bass lifting is being handled by the sub woofer.

There is an added plus ... namely that it takes "pressure" to delivery power off my amp and shifts it to the subwoofer, which has a built-in amp rated at 3400 watts max-Q. I've tripped my circuit breakers plenty of times.

All-in-all, I think my speakers sound better than before. When I cut the PreMATE out of the circuit (P0 button), the sound presentation is muddy and imaging is smeared. When engaged, sharper imaging, better transients, nicer sounding musical presentation.

I would like to explore and play with the PreMATE's considerable functionalities. Problem is that the owner's manual is not very user-friendly and is accessible only on-line or off a disc. Plus, I am not very tech or computer wise.

Sure wish I could spend some more time with Larry the DEQXpert.

Bruce
Hi Bruce. If you mailed me your configuration file I could have a look at how it's been set up (its a .mzd file stored in the DEQX folder on your PC/Laptop). This would allow me to see all your measurements and how Larry set it up. If the file is too large we could use Dropbox or similar (my working config file is 9MB but this has measurements for 4 sets of speakers and 3 types of Sub, yours should be much simpler)

This doesn't mean I would change anything unless you wanted me to but if you then asked questions about any of the features, I could modify the file, save another version and send it back to you to load and try out
Cheers
Andrew
Though I myself find a stand alone dedicated device like the DEQX much more appealing than software loaded onto a computer, it is interesting that though Stereophile gave the DEQX an enthusiastic review, in the very same edition they gave a preferential nod to the far less expensive DIRAC software program (that also seems to be able to better handle 24/192).