Component video cable problem

hello everyone I just got a new component video cable and tried connecting it from my 9000es to my sharp xv-s55u projector(LCD) and for some reason it doesn't seem to work, wtf?? I previously used s-video with out any issues at all and now going to component video I get NO picture. I checked to make sure the cables were connected to the correct inputs/outputs. What happens is the component video input on the projector is input 3, the input I used previously was input 1, so when going from input 1 to 3 I get a quick scrambled picture(what should be showing, sort of) and then to a blue screen, for those familiar with the 9000es has a screen saver so to speak and you should NEVER see a blue screen when the player is connected to a video source, I checked also to make sure the 9000es didn't have the video off clicked, it wasn't the problem. If I wasn't balding already I would be pulling my hair out!!! Any thoughts?(and no rogaine ain't the solution) is it possible these two units are not compatible to use component video?? I also played with the selectable/interlace/progressive scan button on the rear of the 9000es and still nothin. Thanks for any input(no pun intendid) ~Tim
tireguy
Thanks for the help everyone I will give your suggestions a shot. Of course I have a spare DVD player laying around aj, what kinda audiophile do you think I am!! Anyone else having issues with there 9000es?? I was more expecting it to be the projector that is having the problems.
I had thesame problem with my sony 7700 DVD player, it was the brand new component monster cable that was the problem. Got a component cable from Better Cables--no problem. Check the component video cable on a friend's system.
Well I had time to try a few of these suggestions, it is the 9000es, I was expecting it to be something else!! Glad I didn't have it modded yet, got my reciept in hand, time to deal with this situation now. Thanks for your help everyone. ~Tim