You know you're an audiophile if--

You just got a pair of speakers you can barely move yourself (inverse proportionality with age probably too)

The first house you bought cost less than your current stereo investment (ditto)

You have boxes of cables with which you don't know what to do
128x128vermonter
... You can dial your favorite suppliers phone numbers by heart but not your spouses cell phone....
It amuses me to the highest degree to see people use Greek words to emphasize their great knowledge of higher order English language. So in this page alone and quickly I am noticing the follow words in no particular order.
"pedantic" "autocrat" "despot" "dictator" "Caesar" "audiophile" "technology" "christened" and perhaps many more else were up the page..........I am Greek myself.
Now in regards to war atrocities......
One actual clip of WW2 that I've seen that made me cry was of a small Japanese lady running on a street holding her dead baby (it was black burned crisp) this was after a bomb hit that destroyed everything for miles .God only knows what was in her mind at that moment. It was a US Army film.

Now back to more pleasant posts.
George
Milpai,

"You can confidently give advise on components that you never owned, or a technology that you have not used.

And people take it.

And your advise works!!"

Great stuff...I try to refrain from doing that too often, but Lord help me, I think it's true!