Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, audio group.

I was thinking it might be nice to get a few connected states to start an audio club together. Twice a year we could set up a meeting near or at a members house. Another thing that would be great is to be able to see what items area available for local sale. I have found my self wanting to audition the gear for sale, but the cost of shipping an item tha I have never heard is hard. Many of those withing a couple hundred miles have things I would love to try, but they are all spread about. Don't have the time to drive 900 miles to check out speakers. Let me know if anyone else would like a swap/meet audio club near Ohio. I would be willing to host the first event. I live in central ohio.
brownsanandy
I do not like the cycle type email lists that clutter the email. I was thinking more along the lines of a get together where we could listen to some local rigs, grab dinner, and bring along things that we might want to trade or sell. Some folks have gear that is way over my limits, but for some that are starting out or others that are limited on funds or even others that don't have any good dealers in the areas.
One year later... I live on the north side of Indianapolis and have always wondered if anyone else here appreciates audio as anything other than X.1 of his home theater. As I am not particularly into television, my gear and systems are primarily vintage solid-state (1976-198) pre-remote pieces.
Morgenholz: I too am interested in becoming involved in an audio club. I'm located on east side of Indianapolis. I'm involved in both home theater and audio. Currently in the process of an all out assult to perfect a collection of equipment that would send my listening experience to new heights. Open to a Cincinnati Ohio, Louisville Ky and Indianapolis In. audio club.