Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, audio group.

I was thinking it might be nice to get a few connected states to start an audio club together. Twice a year we could set up a meeting near or at a members house. Another thing that would be great is to be able to see what items area available for local sale. I have found my self wanting to audition the gear for sale, but the cost of shipping an item tha I have never heard is hard. Many of those withing a couple hundred miles have things I would love to try, but they are all spread about. Don't have the time to drive 900 miles to check out speakers. Let me know if anyone else would like a swap/meet audio club near Ohio. I would be willing to host the first event. I live in central ohio.
brownsanandy
what do you call a boombox after a person from kentucky hits someone in the head with it? an audio club
Interesting idea. I live in Indy and have wondered if a local group exists. I believe there is an active group currently in Cincinatti. We'll see what developes.
There is currently a very active group in Michigan.

I live in Detroit but work 1/2 time in Lexington KY, and have a deal with one of the local hotels. We could probably arrange for an event in Lexington for minimal $$$.

loontoon
I would not be the swapping, continuous talking type, however, A local group with posts of tweaks to try and equipment not to buy... I would entertain that, I am currently in two Cycling groups that I get automaticly forwarded messages/posts. I ignor most of them unless the title catchs my attention. Is that your thoughts? A server that auto forwards posts for the selected/members to review an respond.

Ed
Cincinnati,Ohio