Maryland,Wash.DC Metro area

Would like to start a club, or a small group of audiophiles, whereby we can network and share experiences about our favorite neurotic passtime.
larryr
I'm an audiophile in Bowie, MD...just 15 miles north of DC. Recently, I've got into vinyl, and am astounded at the sound quality that is available in a well-recorded record.

I'm definatley interested in forming a club.
I'm a neurotic audiophile (that's redundant, I know) who lives in Columbia, MD. Based on the dearth of chat on this site about starting a club, I'm already discouraged. I think getting together occasionally to discuss equipment, delusions, and perhaps music would be fun and maybe educational. Since folks may be reluctant invite strangers to their homes (at least initially), maybe a local high-end dealer might be approached to host the first few meetings for a local audio club. Could be a way of generating more business, too. Any suggestions?
I'm of a similar mind as Zaikesman, above. Frankly, I don't really give a damn so much about the equipment, it's the music that matters to me. For that, I generally download live shows off the Internet - I'm heavy into the "jamband" scene and I can find tons of stuff that pleases me at Archive.org

And, like Zaikesman, I'm not much into the music that most "audiophiles" seem to enjoy - I have an HDCD copy of "Jazz at the Pawnshop", and, while it sounds good, I think I have listened to it *maybe* two times in 3 years - the music is simply not my cup o' tea.

Having said all that, I would still be interested in learning of and/or hearing new (to me) music - but I am *never* gonna be a hardcore jazz/punk/techno/metal fan, much less a consumer of Brazilian nose flute music...

So, if you're into jambands, rock, rockabilly, _some_ country, _some_ classical (I like works where everyone in the orchestra is earning his pay), let's compare notes and maybe even swap some music.

But, if you wanna sit around and try to hear the differences between your CDP sitting on this cone or that cone, count me out - life's too short to sweat those details, IMHO...
I`ve posted ages ago on this thread. since then i`ve been to 3-4 meetings a year affiliated with the Bottlehead forum and the Madisound forum. If anyone is interested i`ll see if i can find a room to use somewhere and host a meeting. It doesn`t have to be a huge audiophile thing, but it is fun to hang out and play good music and check out all the different equipment.
I just think that we should do something rather than just talking endlessly!
Steve.
Castlesteve - Count me in. I live in Howard Co, MD, and work in Montgomery Co, MD. You apparently have had experience with audio clubs, and your offer to find a location is a big step in getting something started. Perhaps we can hear further interest from a few others now...shoot for a first meeting say in early or mid fall? It's surprising with the large Wash Metro population, there's been no activity to date. Let's change that! John