Maryland,Wash.DC Metro area

Would like to start a club, or a small group of audiophiles, whereby we can network and share experiences about our favorite neurotic passtime.
larryr
I have contacted several folks who have expressed interest in forming a "club" and received positive repsonses from all.

It was suggested to me, and I concur, that we initially meet at the upcoming Tysons Corner record show being held Sun. Mar 9, 2003. If you'd like to get together with us at this event, give me a shout directly and we'll work out the details: [email protected]

I hope to see you there!
I live in Baltimore. ARE THERE ANY OTHER AUDIO ENTHUSIASTS IN BALTIMORE? If so, please respond.
Are Wash DC/VA audio enthusiasts meeting? this thread began in 2001 and has been lightly posted since then. NMC
I know that, like myself, there are several Agon members from the area who have not posted to this thread (a couple of whom I've met when buying stuff, and more who post in this forum). In my case, it's basically due to a few factors: I'm not a 'club' kinda guy ; I don't relish having to host audiophile gatherings at my house (or truth be told, any gatherings really...) ; I tend not to like or play a lot of the types of music that most audiophiles seem to be into ; a lot of the types of music that I do like and play I would expect most audiophiles *not* to be into (or at least not to have any audiophile use for, since they're often of pretty primitive fidelity) ; I don't particularly care - or care to know - about others' opinions of the sound of my system ; I wouldn't expect to necessarily want to hang out with or even befriend other Agoners simply because they're audiophiles (none of my regular friends are) ; and finally, I actually don't consider myself to be enough into audiophilia (in fact, it often as not rubs me the wrong way) to justify such an ongoing commitment, even though the occasional audition of interesting gear might be fun. In short, I'm just not hardcore enough to see myself ever doing the club 'thing', or having a lot in common with the members of one (and I can't stand having to listen to music I dislike). Plus, I wouldn't think I'd have a lot of information to impart, since I avoid dealers, never go to audio shows, don't tend to change my own gear very frequently, and have no audio-buddies. Just in case anybody was wondering... ;^)
I'm an audiophile in Bowie, MD...just 15 miles north of DC. Recently, I've got into vinyl, and am astounded at the sound quality that is available in a well-recorded record.

I'm definatley interested in forming a club.