New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
And the remarkable thing is that the Shunyata Alpha Digital PC is conservatevely priced at $999.
I agree it made the sound of both D02 and D03 dacs more refined, smooth and lowered the noise plus it is just under $1K. I recommend at least hearing it. They have also Alpha HC for amplifiers and conditioners, Alpha Analog for pre and turntables. If I am not mistaken this Alpha Digital may also work with class D amps. I am not sure if it would work with SMPS tough, probably HC version is the right choice for the amps.
It hasnt been broken in yet with just an hour, and it sounded less noisy, eliminated the least bit of digital haze from DACs made vocals better, made the music flowing effortlessly as a whole. What can I say, it is a steal for this price. The only area that Esoteric 7300 is slightly better is the bass depth, but like I said it is not broken in yet. I can easily say that this is the best $1k pc cable I have heard challenging more expensive cables.
while it depends on individual taste, but once people compare D-02 with D-01, you will find D-01 is more relax, comfortable, not pushy, than D-02. (D-01 VUK is even better.)

Might be the technical spec of D-02 is better, but unfortunately audio is not only "made" by engineering, otherwise people do not need to "trust your ears".

Nowadays second hand price of P-01/D-01 is the same as new P-02/D-02, we have one more option.

I have A/B compared D-01 and D-02. Similar comments given by my better-half, and other friends who like music/concerts (but do not know audio) in various occasions.

Hi Operalover, how many hours of break-in did D-02 have... and what upsampling / filtering settings had been applied on the two units? G.