How to safely bias Cayin A88T Tube amp

I know this amp has been the target of much talk on this subject, but does anyone have a step by step guide to biasing this fantastic amp? I realize there are some dangerous voltages in there, and to do the job, you have to take the back plate off and switch the amp on right? But, where do I take the readings from, once I'm in there?

I'm sure there was a post on here with pictures, but I can't find it for love nor money.

Kindest regards

JP
peaman
Best to talk directly to Steve, the US distributor. I have seen him do it himself at his work bench when he worked on mine at the time I replaced the tubes. Contact Steve at cayinusa.com
If you take the bottom cover off you will see the exposed pots. But do call Steve he will step you through it.
This is one flaw in an otherwise stellar product.

I once opened this thing years ago for biasing, as I had photographed instructions taken off a web forum (cannot find it anymore).

Trust me on this one. Anyone that will tell you it's an easy and SAFE procedure, ABSOLUTELY PAY them to do it.

If not, endure it as it is or sell it to get an amp that is either self-biasing, or that has external pots.

Good luck!
Thanks guys!! I'm scared to death of electricution. Seems such a crazy thing to hide the biasing pots inside like that...

Maybe it's a trip to get it serviced then.