What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
You lucky duck retired at 44. Great God, your ears still work at that age! Beats the vast majority of us who only have the time and the money once our ears are failing.
I am a 39-year-old computer software engineer. Started having this hobby since my middle school year. My first DIY system cost me around $75 25 years ago. The retail value for my current system is around $79K.
Musician/teacher, age 51. McIntosh/Tandberg freak in the 70's, out of the audio loop for 20 years, just getting back in, albeit on a low budget. The new speakers and amps, if I may say so, are quite improved. I used to use a Mac 2300 amp (127 lbs.) as a PA amp, and I don't miss lugging that sucker around. I'd love to have a great listening room with a great system someday, but I love the rig I have (Dynaudio contours/NAD integrated).
University professor (ex-professional musician), 38.

Sold audio gear as a commisioned salesman in the early 80's to pay for college and buy new gear. On the way, I fell in love with Hafler and Phase Linear equipment and have been experimenting ever since. It was wonderful to be old enough to appreciate the development of the cd industry even though I loved my analog equipment. I've recently started rebuilding my 20 year old system and have found these boards FULL of information. THANKS!