What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
i'm a 30 year old lawyer. my sytem retails for about $29k. through good deals on demos (my cd player), new (my speakers and interconnects) and used equipment (my amps and speaker cables), my cost is about $15k. develop an ear for the stuff and shop carefully and paitently.
I'm a Service Manager @ a General Motors dealership. I'm 46 and plan to retire (this life anyway) at 55. I'm then going to open up my own hi end audio store and live happily ever after.
I'm 51 & publish a hotel/resort directory. Enjoyed music all of my life - play piano. When I was a kid, my dad had an old Zenith "hifi" and played classical records. I'm new to hi-end - my small system is $11K retail and cost about $6K thanks to audiogon. Happy listening. Joel
I'll be 40 tomorrow. Yikes! I'm the Director of Sales, I've spent the last 18 years in the semiconductor industry. As for my main system, I'd guess and say it was worth around $40k or so. Jeff
Computer Programmer, 34 - system retails for $23-24k; I have paid about 12k for what I am now using.