What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
I am 45 years old, an electrical engineer and sell electronic test and measurement equipment for the worlds 2nd largest test and measurement equipment manufacturer.
IAm a professional race car driver 40yrs old , do things only one way ,EXTREME. stereo or speed my two loves not counting my wife and 3 children.
SO let's see... Demographically speaking, most wealthy people in the US are those that are 50 years or over, male, and that are either current or former small business owners or professionals that have been successful in their career. Under small busines owners, retail and construction are the most successful. In professional careers, lawyers and doctors are still the most likely to become weaslthy, followed by MBA types. Another category that is highly likely to become wealthy are sales people. There is research out on all of this stuff, mainly aimed at marketing types.

Of course, recently day-traders and dot-commers have been the new generation of instant suvccess, these are typically in their 20-ies or 30-ies, education is all over the map.

So my advise would be to get a law degree, an MBA and a medical doctorate, after which you should start day trading, while starting a .com which sells something related to medical, financial and legal services on a commission basis in the retail arena. You will then sell that company when it is successful, and next build the sound system of your dreams. ;)

Niels.
Eletronics technician for CNC equipment. 32yrs old. System is a mix but total about $25k.