What's your profession? Age?

Just thought after the "how much is your system worth" post that it would be nice to see what all these people do to get $80K systems, and perhaps how long it takes. I'm a 29-year old economist for the gov., just completeed my Ph.D. last month, and my system is at about $10K. Just a pup hoping to keep upgrading...
128x128felthove
Iam a IN-HOUSE dental tech. Been going on for 21 yrs now and still love what i do. Iam 39 now and been involved in this hobby for 12yrs.
steve
Retired actuary, 51. Retired residential landlord also(lots units). Two systems, cost me about $35,000. New about $75,000. Being old ain't so bad. Being almost old's mayby even better.

Bill E.
I am a credit risk manager for several credit card portfolios. I am 37. I am closing fast on a $70k system; but have learned a lot over the last 15 years I have been in the hobby. When I started, I was giving all my friends all the great deals as I upgraded my system. Now, I have Audiogon and pretty much refruse to pay retail. But, I read a lot about the systems and have a pretty good idea what I want. If I was starting out new and buying used, I think you could shop around, get good deals on equipment, and later on sell it at a minimal loss. That is definitely the way to experiment your way into a killer system. Oh, my last bit of advice is get a spouse that is either into the hobby or won't mind it. My first wife never got into it. My wife now is EXTREMELY tollerant!
Well I guess I am up, I work in the adult entertainment business(I think you know what I am talking about). I get paid per film so my income depends on how hard(heh heh) I work.