Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
My name is Tom.I'm 38 and have been interested in audio since I was 16.I've worked on the fringe of audio for some time.Have helped Terrasong with phono design,Yankee audio with his reference system and worked at Salon 1 Audio before it expired.In 98 I helped Lloyd Walker at the CES{Alexis Park}.I have a wide interest in muic.I was firmly in the analoge camp before the arrival of Burmesters cdp001.I still love records but you can't beat the simplicity of CD--Oh well!Tom,Hope that's a good start!
get on in here, tom! happy to welcome you to the internet's finest audio pub. -kelly
Kelly ,Do you have any experience with other Hi-end cables?Valhalla,Stealth,Tara Zero,Omega Mikros'Ebony?Wondered about comparisons.Thanks for the welcome.Tom
Calling all N.E. ohio audiophiles ,are you out there? It's hard finding others who share this hobby.If you are within 60 miles of Cleveland ,give me a shout. Tom
...I am consider myself a lazy looser since I've been playing music myself and right now only listening. I've put my accordeon, guitar somewhere in the far past because of being lazy to practice more and gain new repertoire to build up myself as a musician. Still, the trace of music lives inside of me and I like to listen to it. I've been always surrounded with plenty of records and tapes in my home since I was 4: tales, children songs, pop songs etc...
Once when I was arround 6 my radiola broke down (probably output stage) and it did not produce any sound -- so I listened to my records with my ear very close to the cartridge...
I've started taking music lessons(approx. at 7): Accordeon, Piano, Solphedgio(music grammar) and later on played in junior orchestra of the folk instruments. Life was going on and there were some interferance factors such as soccer, girls, fishing and music started to lay back. I've almost forgot already how to read notes and my accordeon is under my bed is for the good 10 years.
My mother always said that I was sick with my records treating them like my friends and was very dissapointed when I aquired for myself a separate component system when I was 15. (The money I've earned playing in the wedding band) That was my father's approximately 1.5 months salary.
If I did not buy that system I would probably be still playing music for living, since was taking a good part of my time: listening instead of practicing, showing it off to the girls, making parties, collecting records another words listening music is much easier hobby than playing it.
But despite everything negative above said, I was depended on my parents when I had my first system and did not realize that music earnings that I've aquired were big and at the same time not constant and stable -- it's very high competition and weddings, parties are just human occasions but not the constant way of living. To step all the way up to be a professional musician that able to hold up to a competition takes a lot of time of practicing, bringing every time a new repertoire, investments and showing off i. e. advertising yourself how good you are. That did not happen. I've graduated College as an Electrical Engineer and got some grip on designing and understanding simple and complicated electric circuits. Love to audio increases! I am employed as a Business Analyst right now for almost 6 years already and started to forget some basics of tube and semi-conductor electronics which I immediately will recall soon digging out my college books again as a hobby already.