Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
I am 48 years old and live in midtown Manhattan. My father was a recording engineer, so I grew up with Altec Lansing Voice of the Theater's and Revox A77 reel to reel tape recorders. I was the "tape machine operator" on John Denver's recording of "Rocky Mountain High" in the early 70's. I grew into the high fi hobby early, and apart from my father's professional interest. Had my first "system" at 18. I have tended to buy the best equipment that I could afford and justify and then keep it for 10-20 years. I am back seriously in the audiophile game for about a year, after a good 10 year hiatus. I have my own business providing data processing consulting services primarily to New York's financial industry.
Fpeel; Is the common denominator of Hi-end audio and hang gliding perhaps "soaring"? Cheers. Craig.
Hey Guys, It's nice to meet my fellow audiophile crazies. I'm a past president of the NJ audio society, and have written for The Audiophile Voice, Positive Feedback, and SoundStage.com. I'm presently the editor at StereoTimes.com. In case you are interested, my colleague at StereoTimes.com, Adnan Arduman (from Turkey), has a nice website with pictures and bios of many audiophiles from Greece and Turkey, with another section devoted to 'philes (and their systems) from around the world (myself included). It's quite an interesting site, called "Nuance and Fluence". If you'd like to check it out, go to: http://www.arduman.com/aa scroll down and click on the link, "My Friend's Systems". Anyone interested in viewing my personal page can access it directly at: http://www.arduman.com/aa/Sayfalar/frank/frank.htm
I'm 32, have 2 small children and a wife that puts up with my love for music. Since my children are small, I really don't get the chance to listen as much as I'd like. I live in Dallas,TX but was raised in Florida, having lived there for over 15 years. Sharing ideas on this site is really great and it is the only forum I have ever posted in (covering ALL topics on the WWW). I have met some wonderful people off of this site who enjoy the same passion for audio as I do. Happy Listening! Tony
This is a good topic and the thread is progressing very nicely. I'm 36, tall, dark and handsome ( HA HA HA ), born and raised in the Chicago area, never been married ( but that may change soon ) and am self employed. I own a radio communications based business ( amateur, CB, scanners, etc) and am an RF Technician by trade. Besides running my business, i also do design consultation for over a half dozen manufacturers of RF equipment. I have done professional sound reinforcement and custom installations for a living in the past and continue to do so when time permits. I grew up with "hi-fi" as my Father has always been an avid audio enthusiast. My younger brother has also "caught the bug" and is working on a pretty ambitious quad-amped system with my help. The bad part of having a family of "audiophiles" is the debates about who's system is best : ) On the side, i like to build "electronic projects" that vary anywhere from very high powered RF amplifiers to large speaker arrays. Taking existing designs and modifying them is also fun, but not quite as rewarding as doing your own from scratch. Sean >