The BEST system you've ever built !!!!

What is the best system that you have ever put together , from source to speakers including cables ??? After all the swaps and auditions I'm looking for the final "aahhh, that's the ticket" sound to you and what components took you to Audio Nirvana. {This is a survey of actual auditions, not what you read in a magazine} THANKS,
krellpower1
Thses systems are alwys changing. I just added a Rowland Coherence -II preamp to go along with the Theta HT processor that just came. David
After 30 years of tweaking, upgrading, etc. I have finally gone "all in" with the following: Analog - VPI Aires, JMR, BenzMicro Ruby II, Phono stage BAT VP-10; Digital - Wadia 270/27ix; Preamp - BAT VK50SE; Amp - Mark Levinson 33; Speakers - Dynaudio Evidence; cabeling - Harmonic Technology (this is the only area I would consider changing at this point); Other - PS Audio 600, Tube Traps, and other assorted tweak products. The system sounds magnificent and can, with the right material, truly create that elusive illusion of "being there."
Krellpower1: What is the best system I have put together?? Well, that would be my current system. I have been building this system for about the last three years now (I am building a now building a system for the long haul, and after I finish obtaining the pieces (all I need now is a high-end, single play CD Player and I am searching for a Meridian 506.18, 506.20 or a 506.24), I plan to only tweek periodically and that would be it (power conditioner/surge suppressor, hospital grade outlets (after I finish buying my new house), and a new audio stand (rosewood cabinet with filled metal shelves..... haven't ruled out making one myself, with a marble top), and upgraded power cords for the components which can accept them), that's going to be it. The only upgrades I forsee making in the future are either adding a subwoofer of significant pedigree (an REL Strata Mk II) or upgrading my speakers altogether (from the KEF Reference 102's that I now presently have to Vandersteen 2Ce (going to buy those new, because I want them specially made to blend in with my decor..... either Rosewood or Cherrywood endcaps with the black sock wrap around cloth). But other than that, that will be it. My current system is (in it's present state, that is) as follows. KEF Reference 102 Speaker System w/KUBE Equalizer (brand new.... 1988), Adcom GFA-545 MkII Power Amplifier (bought used..... for $250.00), Adcom GFP-750 Preamplifier (bought it brand new..... does so much for so little..... and it sounds great), Magnum Dynalab FT-101 FM Tuner (bought it used for $590.00 from "ebay"), JVC XL-M509TN CD Player/Changer (bought it brand new a few years back and was used in an older system..... will be used as a second step-down player when I am not listening attentively to music, or used to provide background music, or used when I am having company), Nakamichi BX-300 Cassette Deck, and MITerminator 2 and 3 Interconnects and Speakers Cables (the Speaker Cables are the MITerminator 2...... all purchased from Audio Advisor). As I said in the beginning, I am now searching for a Meridian 506.18 (linear tracking model), 506.20 or a 506.24 (reasonably priced..... I'll take one that is about two years old, if possible or talk my dealer into buying their demo 506.24 for $1,000.00 less, whichever comes first). That's going to be the last significant piece that I am going to buy. After that, that's going to be it I'm afraid. Comments/Questions anyone?? --Charles--
Yeah Charles I do have a comment. I have said the same thing myself time and time again. The only way it is going to happen is if you abstain from sites like this, stop reading the rags, hole up in a room somewhere and just enjoy your music. Otherwise you are just kidding yourself, it never ends!