Modding Synergistic Research MPC to Galileo status

I recently had the good fortune of upgrading my stock Synergistic Research MPCs closer to Galileo Status by the help of a friend who is inclined to do such work.

He replaces the Synergistic MPC's four cheap, general purpose 1 amp rectifier diodes with four ultra fast, soft recovery IXYS rectifier diodes and the 470uf 50 volt dirt cheap chinese electrolytic cap with a 680uf Panasonic FM extremely low impedance, high ripple current, long life (7000 hrs). It is now a super low noise power supply.

This mod provides better shielding to Synergistic Research cables resulting in more transparency, blacker backgrounds, increased detail and warmth with even lower noise floor than stock MPCs.

I was really taken aback by the improvements mentioned above. When considering the cost of a Galileo MPC, this mod is a downright bargain.

The cost of this mod will be $40-50. I can provide contact information for additional questions regarding components and price.
128x128michaelspallone
Based the overwhelming feedback on this thread I just sent my MPC from a Tungsten power cable to Mike for modding. Btw, listening now without the MPC and the sound is too bright! After only about 1 hr and I am getting a little pain in my ears which hasn't happened before. My MPC can't get back soon enough!
Just wanted to provide an update...I got my MPC back yesterday. First of all, Michael was great to deal with and worked hard to get my MPC back to me quickly. My immediate impressions of the upgrade is definitely positive. The improvements though subtle are impressive. The background got blacker, there is better audible distinction between instruments, and highs seem to linger in the air longer. Overall it is as if I am hearing more of the subtleties that is present in the recording. For anyone with SR cables I highly recommend this. This has to be one of the best improvements I have ever done to my system. This ranks up there with the addition of an AC regenerator. For $50 its an absolute no brainer.
Devilboy, you mentioned that the cap has a life of 7000 hours which only equates to 292 days of the MPC is left plugged in 24/7. Therefore, should the MPC be powered off when not in use?
Tboooe, you have nothing to worry about. The "7,000 hour" rating you're concerned with reflects EXTREME conditions in the factory that are never really duplicated in the real world. Under the day to day usage of the MPCs, we don't remotely begin to approach the manner in which the device was tested to ensure reliability.
Tboooe, just wondering if you've noticed a change once the MPC had some additional hours on it.