What About Loom Theory?

Can someone please direct me to information regarding loom theory? I've seen it referred to a number of times on AudiogoN—people saying they endorse it and so on—, but no one seems to say what it is.

If you know the loom theory, would you please articulate it or direct me to somewhere where this theory is articulated?

Thanks,

Aaron
aaronknock
I'm not sure it's "loom theory" as much as "loom speculation" which hypothesizes that one can/will achieve better sound if all cables are from the same manufacturer.
I'm sure you can get great sound that way but I know from experience that it can also be achieved by mixing and matching brands. So where does that leave the "loom theory"? Pretty meaningless IMO. Probably not worth any more time than already expended here.
Ok, well so far it seems like "loom theory" is pretty much synonymous with "system synergy": a synergy achieved by matching loudspeaker cables and interconnects, or, power cables, or all three together perhaps.

Thanks for the info. If anyone else has anything to add, please do.
Nordost is one company that promotes this philosophy in regards to selecting cables for a system. You can see their explanation for it in their document entitled Foundation Theory, under the section heading "Interconnects and Speaker Cables". They say that it applies to power cables as well, and they also state that a more expensive cable is not always better in specific applications.
Wouldn't it be any cable manufacturers interest to "promote" the "loom theory"?
Having experimented with numerous cables for years,Tara, Kimber, Stealth, Nordost, Shunyata, Audioquest and others as mix and match and otherwise, I am a firm believer in the loom theory. Every cable has a character. Some provide better leading edge, some better tone, some lusher mids, some fuller bass, others more impactful bass, etc. As there is no perfectly neutral component, there is no perfect cable. Among the above brands, there are no slackers and none with any major weaknesses that I've heard. But for my system, there was one that I preferred as a complement to the sound of my components. Whenever I inject another brand in the mix it interferes with the overall sound that I'm after. Now-- if a source component needs a boost in one area or a little bit of tempering on another (e.g.-high end too brittle or too prominent), I have, in the past, put the appropriate cable in that spot. But for me the better solution is to gather the components that best provide the sound you seek and then wire the system with a loom that does no harm to or complements that sound. This goes for cables. I have not experimented with power cords in the same way so I cannot say that they form an essential part of the loom.
Others may decide to color each component. I guess I just don't have the patience for that.