Nordost Frey series 1 or Heimdall series 2?

I am debating on whether I should buy the original Frey series speaker cable or pay a little more and get the new Heimdall Norse 2 speaker cables.

From the threads I have been reading the difference between the original Heimdall and Frey series is quite slight. If this is true and the Norse 2 series is marked improvement over the original line I am wondering if I should just buy the Heimdall Norse 2 instead.

With the discounted sale price going on now, the original Frey and Heimdall 2 are somewhat similar in price.
maobacks
I have not auditioned these, I cannot Judge. My impression is that the sound is more invloving and they are even more open.
I just bought a Heimdall 2 Digital interconnect moving from the GutWire Synchrony 1. The sound from the Heimdall 2 is so warm and full. I noticed an increase in the lower and upper end. I am currently working on moving to Nordost XLR interconnects all around. I have the fronts using Nordost Baldur and the rest using Kimber Timbre rca connects, I tried the Heimdall Speaker wire and found it a bit thin at times. I liked the Heimdall but I felt my Kimber 8TC held its own against it. I would like to use the Heimdall 2. I heard that Heimdall 2 rivals the Tyr 1 and Frey 1 speaker wire.
They sound a lot more musical these days, but they still miss 2 essential parts in audio what should be there. You still loose depth and wide by using Nordost. Indvidual focus is not a great thing. I had these discussions many times with Nordost people. My Audioquest Redwood 2013 blown away my Nordost Valhalla loudspeakercable in every aspect were you Judge a cable at. Even in timing and speed. The blacks are superior to any Nordost cable. I autioned the Odin a few times. It does not have the level in blacks what the Redwood does. Blacks makes the image so much more touchable and 3-d. The presence is so much better wenn you use Audioquest. Instruments and voices are very small and direct to point out in real. This is an essentilal part in realistic audio. This is the weakest point of all Nordost cables. I sold a lot of Nordost in the past and I did hundreds of tests with them. For me it is like 1 and 1 is 2. It is that simple ( for me)
I cannot give an opinion on the Heimdall, unfortunately, but I did just purchase a Frey 2. I had heard the Frey when it was not quite broken in, but when I had it for a weekend, I was impressed by the change from Saturday night to Sunday afternoon when I listened again. I still did not buy them: I want something fully broken in, not halfway.
The dealer let me have them last Saturday and they sound considerably better. There is significant weight to the sound, far, far past the original Freys and quite, quite open.
I can't agree that they do not have focus or specificity: I also bought an NAD integrated as backup for my Hurricane amps, one of which is being repaired. Hurricane amps image to die for - much easier to hear in a larger room (my 23 x 45 room allows me to hear a realism in the Hurricanes that I do not get in my 13 x 20, ASC wall-damped room). The NAD is also fantastic at imaging and specificity - and I've owned Jadis, Goldmund, VTLs and reviewed several other components when I worked at Fi Magazine.
The Frey sound has not deteriorated at all, even going to the NAD integrated. In fact, I can hear better than ever that the NAD is an extremely quiet integrated and hearing Nina Simone's voice on the NAD with the Frey (after removing my Arcam FMJ 22 integrated) is still dazzlingly good. I could live with the NAD for its sheer musicality, much more like tubes than solid state - until you get to the (very) pricey stuff.
I would not suggest going to series 1 speaker cables: I've had the Valhalla and, as good as they were, they sucked out the lower midrange, which the Frey 2 does not. At all. I would imagine the same is true for Heimdall (I can't imagine, logically speaking a manufacturer such at Nordost being so stupid as to improve their line and skimp on anything from Heimdall up to Odin cables. That would be sheer stupidity.)
Go for the Series 2. I haven't heard the speaker cable, but the interconnects are quite a departure from Nordost's "house sound" of the past: transparent, and evenly weighted, dynamically speaking from octave to octave, but a bit lightweight overall. The Series II cures that issue. As I recall, HP, after hearing the Odins, admitted how "chagrined" he was to think of the Valhallas as "threadbare" to use his exact word for it, but that he could see it now that he'd heard the Odins (which are, obviously, also a "Series II" [astronomically priced, though] line).