HiDiamond Power cords...

Has anyone tried the Power 3,2,1 power cords from HiDiamond. If so can you explain in best detail the qualities, strengths and which component you chose it on. I'm also curious which cords they compare to within the market.

Regards Bacardi
128x128bacardi
I think the better matched the system, regardless of price, the less the need for "tuning cables", which is what SR now provides.

J - Of COURSE a SR pc will sound better in an all SR system than ANY other brand, as long as you don't confuse "more of the same thing" as necessarily "better". As I discovered, there is a big difference, or at least there was in my system, between those 2 concepts. I did compare SR Element ics and didn't like them, regardless of which tuning bullet I used. That was enough for me.....
@Fplanner, I have no desire to try S.R's Element series cords at all. I agree with you 100% as most do. I feel the cleanness of no mpc's, bullets, wires strung all over the carpet. I too enjoy to HEAR what I spent my thousands of hard earned dollars of real unfiltered sound, no gimmicks or anything. Simpler the more real. I wish I realized this sooner but it is just the part of the hobby. It was an experience. But now it's time to listen to the music and topnotch quality, and not the dollar figure. This quality is what very very few cable brands can even come close to and I believe HiDiamond has done it rite with what they've done. And the line of 7-8 years with 1 new powercord(P4) is quite an achievement. The crown of all Kings has done it rite in my experience. And S.R will keep trying with more bullets and more gimmicks, series 2-3-4-5-6-7 etc. as long as it takes more and more adding to the set-up.
Bacardi,
The SR MPC wires are driving me nuts. I have limited access behind my system and have to suck in air to get behind there and try to untangle things. I will eventually have a large listening room. Eventualy.

I run SR in series with HiDiamond, Bybee and others to maximize the sonic effects. I have recently added my own modded power cords to the mix and the results are stunning -- flesh-and-blood holography. I don't need to spend thousands of new dollars to achieve excellent sound. I have been able to achieve a lot with a bit of imagination. If you can do something similar then you can get off the merry-go-round and watch everyone else spinning round endlessly -- to the delight of the manufacturers.

Your observation about SR adding more bullets and other gimmicks is spot on. There will be Element SE and then Super Element and then Super Element SE. Just watch and see how long it takes. This is how SR keeps your eyes constantly in motion. Have you seen the long list of SR products people are now trying to dump on Audiogon? Most of these offerings will expire unsold.