HiDiamond Power cords...

Has anyone tried the Power 3,2,1 power cords from HiDiamond. If so can you explain in best detail the qualities, strengths and which component you chose it on. I'm also curious which cords they compare to within the market.

Regards Bacardi
128x128bacardi
hi, has anyone had the chance to compare the hd3 pc to the lessloss dfpc signature. thanks.
"Floorplanner"? Nice try Bob. And I have 5 P-4s, but who's counting, right? (and 5 less wall-warts...)

In my case, it was time for a change. My system is much quieter and more neutral, therefore more natural sounding and resolving than it has been before. This is with very few hours on the P-4's so I'm pretty sure it will get even better after a few hundred more hours.

All systems are different - these have just been my recent experiences comparing the HiDiamond with SR power cables. I have absolutely no desire to try the new version of SR pcs complete with "tuning bullets" and MPCs. My preference is now really just the opposite: to actually HEAR what I have spent many thousands of dollars for, UNFILTERED by "tuning cables" and the like. As I continue to "simplify", and "De-tune", the sound just keeps getting better and better. I wish I had realized this sooner, but I guess its just a part of this crazy hobby as well as a function of the various recent upgrades I've made.
Had floorplanner, Ozzy, Barcardi compare the NEW Synergistic Research Element Power Cords to P3 and P4 directly in their systtems??

I had a P4 lent to me by a friend and bought a P3 used. I compared them to the new Synergistic Research Element Powe Cords and I preferred and liked the Element Series over the HiDiamond. In my system and I.M.O. Synergistic is better. And comparing the prices, they very similar. Actually, the P4 is $200 MORE than the Element Copper/Tungsten Power Cord. And the P3 at $750 I did prefer the comparable Synergistic Element cords at $600 and $900 per cord much better. I.M.O. Replacing my ststem with HiDiamond cables cost just as much replacing with Synergistic Element cables. I chose what was better for me. Thank you.
I think the better matched the system, regardless of price, the less the need for "tuning cables", which is what SR now provides.

J - Of COURSE a SR pc will sound better in an all SR system than ANY other brand, as long as you don't confuse "more of the same thing" as necessarily "better". As I discovered, there is a big difference, or at least there was in my system, between those 2 concepts. I did compare SR Element ics and didn't like them, regardless of which tuning bullet I used. That was enough for me.....
@Fplanner, I have no desire to try S.R's Element series cords at all. I agree with you 100% as most do. I feel the cleanness of no mpc's, bullets, wires strung all over the carpet. I too enjoy to HEAR what I spent my thousands of hard earned dollars of real unfiltered sound, no gimmicks or anything. Simpler the more real. I wish I realized this sooner but it is just the part of the hobby. It was an experience. But now it's time to listen to the music and topnotch quality, and not the dollar figure. This quality is what very very few cable brands can even come close to and I believe HiDiamond has done it rite with what they've done. And the line of 7-8 years with 1 new powercord(P4) is quite an achievement. The crown of all Kings has done it rite in my experience. And S.R will keep trying with more bullets and more gimmicks, series 2-3-4-5-6-7 etc. as long as it takes more and more adding to the set-up.