The Problem with Synergistic Research

The problem is one that a number of cable makers suffer from. I preface my remarks by noting this not a problem that is exclusive to Synergistic Research. I use SR as an example because I am more familiar with their cables than with the cables of other companies that have the same problem.

The problem is the cost of incremental improvements. SR makes some great products. But, in spite of their copy writing, not all SR products are great, IMO. Some SR products have made great improvements in my system -- like the Tesla SE Hologram D power cord. That having been said, in retrospect, despite the bally-hoo that surrounds SR product launches, most of their products have brought no more than incremental improvements to my system. Products from other cable companies have brought equal or greater improvements for me -- often at much lower cost.

The problem is that SR has such fast-paced marketing with products coming out at a gallop supplanting recently released products -- such as the SR line of PowerCell conditioners -- that I sometimes feel I have been left in the dust.

We cannot stop the relentless march of technology. But at the high price of most of SR's offerings one is often left with sense of being left out instead of left in when new products come on the heels of products one has just purchased. The SR trade-up program does not remedy this problem at all, IMO.

There are many other cable companies without fast-paced marketing that provide equal or better value for the money, IMO. Companies like Bybee, HiDiamond and Cardas. I am probably not the only one who feels as I do about SR and other companies with fast-paced marketing.
sabai
Porsche is just an example. It applies to boats, clothes, women ... Not all new are created equal. Some are just different and not better. Companies have to walk a fine line from alienating customers in releasing garbage just for the sake of revenue.

I like to improve international relations whenever possible. Sabai, here's an idea. If you can decrease the number of ICs, SCs and PCs that you run in a series from 100 to something more manageable, you got plenty of money for upgrades.

That's my contribution to world peace today and I would appreciate a fellow Agon member nominate me for the Nobel Peace Prize.
As much as I like my audio system, my next car will be a Porsche! Nothing wrong with having both.
Elberoth2,
In response to your remark "Pls give me a break." May I point out that my initial post said "one of a number of companies".

Knghifi,
In response to your remark "If you can decrease the number of ICs, SCs and PCs that you run in a series from 100 to something more manageable, you got plenty of money for upgrades." I normally run 2 cables in series. Since this produces at least as large an improvement in my system as a component upgrade I think this is money very well spent.

Fiddler,
If I could afford both I would not choose a Porsche. Don't ask me what I would choose. I have no idea.
"It is worth noting, that not all companies have such a short product cycles. "

Glad someone pointed that out!

FOr example, OHM Walsh speakers have been around for over 30 years and are currently in their 4th revision level I believe. I have owned the third revision level models for several years and am content and feel these do it "right", though if I had a few extra bucks laying around I would be tempted to take the next jump which is modestly advertised as "evolutionary, not revolutionary".

I've designed and worked with a variety of technologies for also about 30 years now. I find its a lot like baseball. Most good designers that want to get it right usually get it right by the third time around.

Three strikes you're out?