New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
One Q Pharma,

how do you have the clock out terminals connected to DAC an transport? Do you use both out terminals A from clock to transport and DAC and turn off terminals B and C,

or use A1 for DAC and B1 for transport, and turn off A2 and B2 (and both Cs)?
Eelii & Pharma: I am thinking of taking a step-wise upgrade path with my P-03U/D-03 combo over the next year and was thinking of upgrading my D-03 to D-02 and keeping my clock and P-03U transport. I know there are modes above 176.4 that are not accessible in the D-02 without the matching P-02 transport but that P-03U and D-0 can work together. What are you thoughts on D-02 given additional time to break in and what you've been able to hear since February? Thanks!
Hi Eelii ,

It is G0rb. The clock makes a big difference with both converters.
I use DA6300 as an interconnect and 8n-a2800 as AES.
I tried the opposite configuration but 8n-a2800 was less resolute and slightly warmer as an interconnect.
I prefer filter off in good recordings and especially vocals, but with lesser recordings I prefer short delay 1 in d-02 and fir with d-03.
Sacd is great with both dacs. D02 is holographic with pin point imaging but slightly dry and forward.
I would go for TAD cr1 or r1. They have life like dynamics and incredible resolution. Their only sin is that they are a bit forward and very slightly thin sounding in mid- treble region. My favorite is Stella Utopia.
Hi Eelii,

I use terminal A and and turn off terminals B and C. I didnt try the other option. I cant use 100k universal option with D-02. Also when I am using sacds with d02 sometimes the clock doesnt lock or takes longer to lock in.
When this happens I turn off the dac, and the clock locks in without a problem. This happens rarely only with some sacds.
Hi Zephyr,

Good decision. You can upgrade your transport later. You can also transfer all your cds (as for the sacds some people use a special program on sony ps3 and transfer it) to lossless flac files and use your usb on D02.