New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
Hi Eelii,

I have the same dac and using it with p01 vu and g0rb. It has only 30 hrs. by now. It replaced d03 dac.
Did the slightly thin presentation you were describing initially in the form went away or is it still a bit lean compared to p03/d03 ?
I am using Esoteric 7n-pc7300 ac cable and it made it sound a bit smoother tighter and less lean with better vocals right away. But it still sounds a bit leaner than D03.
I will compare the new d02 dac with d01, and d03 with Esoteric p01vu transport and G0rb clock next week. I also have Accuphase dp900/dc901 to compare.
Digital and AC cables are Esoteric. Interconnects are Van Den Hul 3T Mountain and Esoteric 6n-da6300.
A piano? You have to hear a solo piano with the 02s. Upper is more natural. Easy to hear the difference

Piano is my favorite, and violin is the other instrument that is really telling what the audio system can do.

This said, maybe you'd consider a shootout between the P02/D02 and NWO-MS? Just let me know when and I'll be there.

Best wishes,
Alex Peychev
Was curious if any one knows how p02 d02 compares to the unaffordable dcs scarlatti - as dcs is the player of choice for most companies at shows such as CES?
I tried Dsc some time ago. It was good but I don't think it was better than the 02s. at the time I liked esoteric better, although it was not the 02 I was comparing it to.

Although I can not say I am familiar with it and can not give a more detailed or conclusive answer.