Glass v.s. Plastic Toslink

Is there a real difference in the sound quality between a plastic and a glass Toslink cable used on your Apple computer running into a DAC?
stickman451
Glass is far superior in my system. I did a lot of A/B comparison. Using the latest model from Wireworld. Also, the shorter the length of the cable the better.
The adapter is just a mechanical spacer, it doesn't put anything between the optical signal and the receiver.
I'm in need of a reasonably priced toslink to run audio from my Macbook to DAC. Mrderrick, you recommend Sys Concept 1300 over the Silfex. This is the only reference I have found to Sys Concept. Silfex seems to be highly popular, but can anyone else comment on the Sys? It certainly seems like a good cable. I would need to run about 2m of it.
Actually, I have no experience at all with optical. Is 2m too much? Will there be a significant degradation from, say, 1m?
At these short lengths, the amount of bend in the cable, the type of fiber used, and the quality of the end lenses will eclipse the length of the cable when considering degradation. phone companies use fiber optics to transmit digital data over vast distances, I don't think the 1m to 2m makes any difference. I have read in several different sources that when using digital coax, length of cable must be 5' minimum to avoid signal bouncing within the cable, but that is the only length-based issue I know of.