Do Interconnects need to "warm up"?

My system is left on most of the time and sometimes on standby. I noticed that when I first start to listen the sound is a bit bright. All of my IC's are balanced and single ended Silver Streaks, the components are Krell. It seems to take almost a half hour before the system seems to calm down where it then sounds smooth and sweet. So I was wondering, is it possible that IC's may need to warm up as some equipment does - your thoughts? Thanks!
rpg
I always try to let my system warm up for an hour or so when people come over to listen. Rather I'm there or not for the warm up, the system always sounds better.

I would expect that the speakers are the main component that benefit from a warm up, but I can see how the components could have internal parts that need to reach an equilibrium.
It has been my experience that the components will change to a warmer sound after an hour or so of listening, not the cables, but I can't say with certainty that the cables don't warm up and change also.

I leave my system powered on so I get the best performance as soon as I start to listen. However, I am not using a Krell which I would not leave on when not in use.

Good Luck.

You can use 'Keep Warm' settings on your slow cooker so you don't have to worm them up every time.
I really don't think ICs need a warm up time but one thing I do when I know people are coming over to listen to music or watch a movie I'll have my system on an hour before playing music or I'll run an Isotek system refresher disk for that hour before anyone arrives. This way pretty much everything is going to have a signal passing through it.
I doubt that the interconnects need the warm-up. However, they need some time to settle, that's if you just put them in the system let them be for a while. How long? It depends.