i need 20 meter speaker wire, decent quality

I am in need of either getting 20 meter speaker calbe or 20 meter interconnects. Currently the speaker cables are 20 meters from the speakers. They are not good speaker cables. I either am going to get 20 meter interconnects along with 2 meter speaker cables or 20 meter speaker cablesusing my current trsnsparent bmlu interconnects.

my system consists of the following items

Krell evo 302 amp
pass lab x350 amp
mbl 111e's speakers
Krell HTS 7.1 processor
Krell standard cd/dvd

I use this system for both 2 channel and 5.1. I want to run good speaker cables to the front mbl's only

I really don't want to spend anymore than 3 to 4K. Any reccomendations on which way to go and what kind of speaker cables I should consider? Unless I can get a marked improvement over my current sound i wont spend the money. I am currently using cheap 16 guage bi-wire speaker cables which run about 20 meters.

ty

128x128mpit
blue jean cable has some 10 awg that you could get in the hundreds or dollars rather than thousands and see how it sounds. You could even try bi-wiring as well. The larger gauge wire is just what the doctor ordered for long runs. I wouldn't purchase any speaker wires that were not very large gauge.

At that length you should really be able to tell the difference between cables. It seems that most agree that resistance is the biggest factor to consider so start with large gauge and go from there.
With runs of this length, I would steer away from multi-stranded cables with heavy coatings. Look into some of the solid-core high purity copper cables on Audiogon for $10/ft. They are well suited for long runs and high-current amps like yours, they're reasonably priced, and sound great when properly broken-in.
I have a long speaker cable run - 20 feet. I currently use Anticables and they sound surprisingly good. Although very affordable, they are close in SQ to the 6 foot speaker cables they replaced, which were $2k. YMMV, of course.

Having said that, 20m is awfully long. Your best solution might be to split the difference, making the interconnects a little longer and the speaker cables a little shorter.

Bryon
If you're willing to do 2m speaker cables and 20m interconnects you must be talking about moving the amplifiers out to where the speakers are. Is it not possible to move the rest of the equipment closer to the speakers? I'm just curious...
hey thanks everybody for your response. lots of good ideas.

Yes, if i went with long interconnects I would be moving just the amp right next to the speakers. I am considering two things. I spoke with Anticables and they can do it for a decent price , under 2k. I also spoke with Morrow and they suggested for runs that long to just try normal 12 to 14 guage house wire with a solid coper strand. He suggested I could try that first and then if it works great. It would cost around one hundred dollars. If you have never picked his brain give him a call. Very smart man and very honest. Send him your business for cables interconnect and power cords etc. He did suggest to me if i paid the price for his cables for 20 meters I'd be wassitng my money. I like the honesty.

It has been suggested to me by several people that I avoid multi stranded wires, including Mr. Morrow, because of the length.

I am a littel concerned about some of the comments about the anticable sounding a little vague, or maybe boring. I just purchased the pas lab amp about 3 weeks ago and i am not sure whether i like it or not. I almost think the Krell gives it a more exciting sound. The pass lab x350 almost has a tube like sound to it, which I am not so sure i like as much. I listen to different types of music mostly classic rock with lots of dvd concerts etc. And more and more I listen to them in 2 channel.

Thansk agian for all your suggestions, very helpful.

merrill