A New Believer

I have listened to many systems over the years, and have never appreciated the difference speaker cables can make to a sound. In fact, I was so skeptical of the sound changes they can make that I have always not bothered with any special type of cables, generally going for generic (and dare I say it) roughly made ANY copper wire plugged in to amp and speaker. Well, imagine my surprise when I decided to do a blind test and listen to what difference cabling can make. Wow, my Vand 3A Sig's had been getting strangled! (some of you guys may want to strangle me if I told you what connects I had been using). So I am now a firm believer, cables DO make a difference.
joshc
I am not discouraged. I just asked a simple question.
If the signal,i.e., the information on two different cables going to identical speakers in the same enviroment is the same. Why would the sound out of the speakers be different?
I was told 'you have to have faith'. As far as I am concerned, that ended the argument. You can't argue with faith.
I don't think you have fully understood the implications of the philosophy that permeates this site.
I do not have some sort of personal 'belief system' when it comes to hifi equipment. I follow the science. The people I learned from are all dead, and they had no agenda. They just loved the equipment and music. So do I. BTW I don't think there is anyone on this site more curious than I am. Hence my question in the first place.
"I was told 'you have to have faith'. As far as I am concerned, that ended the argument. You can't argue with faith."

No YOU WERE TOLD TO TRY LISTENING !
I have faith in the fact that this is an idiotic thread about a subject that has become "argumentum ad nauseam".