Opinions on the new Shunyata Black Mamba CX

Anyone using or tried or compared the new Shunyata Black Mamba CX / HC power cords???
erikminer
Yes, I have compared both Black Mamabas to the Python Helix Alpha and Helix Vx and to the Python CX (along with Diamondbacks and others). The Black Mambas are both nice. I would take either of them over a Python Helix Alpha/Vx on a source, and probably on most amps as well. In the end, I found the Python CX well worth the additional cost for the far greater performance it offers over the Black Mamba HC or non-HC. To me, the CX series compared to the Helix series has a more refined sound with more dynamics and less upper-midrange glare.
Thanks Jfeldt. I've gone ahead and bought 3 Black Mamba CX HC.. just couldn't swing the extra $$ for the Python's. They are breaking in now and I'm quite happy with them, nice upgrade from my older Helix's.
I've just received my Black Mamba CX cord and, out of the box, without break-in, it is impressive. The clarity and suddenenss of attack of triangles and bells ( specifically on the RCA SACD Daphnis and Chloe) is really, really good with no "halo" around the instruments (what was once called "fuzziness") so that the sound expands (or blooms) into the space surrounding it. This, with only a pair of Hales Revelation 3s, is easily heard. Also, the articulation of voices on cut 11 (where the choirs sing the word "Lu, lu....") over and over again is great. I can hear the aspiration of the female voices so that, instead of it sounding like the word "lu" (pronounced "loo" as in the British word for toilet)it sounds like "hhhhluuuuu" as though they are breathing outwards (the aspiration part). Very lifelike if one is hearing it as the microphones do. I'd be happy even if they didn't break in any furthur, and I have Python CX cords on the Hurricanes as well as the CD player(s), and preamps (First Sound and Convergent). Incidentally, I had the Viper on the preamps.

Considering the Viper, when it came out, cost more than the Black Mamba does - NOT the (black Mamba)HC version, just the "basic" version - this is quite a jump in quality. The difference is, if not staggering, then "stunning". How Shunyata managed to make a far superior cord at a cheaper price is a testament to their desire - and ability - to advance their technology without breaking one's piggy bank. If you have a Viper, just have it upgraded to a Black Mamba. For the cost of the upgrade, you'll be thrilled.

This is a TRULY excellent advance over the Viper power cord, although I'm not sure Grant will want to see this in print.

I'm genuinely impressed. I could easily live with this instead of the Python CX (sorry, Grant, but they really ARE that good). But then, fortunately, I don't have to make that choice.
Excellent work, Shunyata. Excellent.
How's the bass using Python CX?

My friend commented that when used on his Aleph 3, that it was like "someone turned up the volume and added bass".

I thought so too.

Then I took my Python cable back home.