NOS Western Electric wire used for power cables??

I see that some people are starting to use this wire for speaker cables and ac power cables. Is anyone here using this wire? How does it compare to the cables on the market today? THANK YOU
hifisoundguy
A friend and I both had big-name tube amps that are UL listed (joke) go up like the 4th of July, because of unknown weak or defective driver tube(s) upon turn-on, power cords were the least of our issues.

So go get yer fire extinguishers ready, it's gonna be a hot summer.

Simply, do me a small favor and stop quoting me, it reminds me of someone else in these forums, thanks.

The NOS W.E. power cords are here to stay.

And now back to another 30 minutes of commercial-free music... ;)

Fuzzbutt17

Anything is possible (just not probable).

Yes, you could have some sort of a low resistance that MAY not trip the breaker and MAY heat up.

I think you meant to say a higher resistance.

And what exactly would make that event any LESS likely than than a lower resistance short which would trip the breaker?

It was you who said that if there was a short it would NEVER cause a fire because it would ALWAYS trip the breaker or blow the fuse.

That's just plain naive.

To confirm what was already stated: the specific NOS wire I use is MIL SPEC and has cloth covered rubber insulation.

It would have been nice if you'd have said as much on your website or in your eBay ads.

And please, dispense with the "MIL SPEC" stuff. It's little more than a hackneyed marketing buzzword.

Mojo Audio not only creates the finest quality in hand made audiophile products, we also create JOBS.

Great! We can certainly use more jobs. Especially jobs MAKING things.

Nothing gives me more pride than to ship my US made products to one of my many Asian customers.

If that gives you more pride than simply making a quality product no matter where the customer may live, then I think your priorities are little misplaced.

Why have their been so many upgrades to Mojo Audio products over the past year? That is because we don't "hold out" like most companies so that they can launch new products at the next show.

Are products are HAND MADE in SMALL BATCHES so we are able to upgrade our materials and methods frequently.

In other words, you don't like your customers to spend too much time enjoying what they have before you tell them that what they have isn't as good as what they could have if they upgrade.

It's certainly good marketing and does help to increase the bottom line. I mean, there's a very good reason why half of the stuff you see on the shelves at the supermarket have "NEW & IMPROVED" on them.

Though I'm not so sure that it serves the customer well and I think more and more people are growing tired of the upgrade merry-go-round.

We also don't have a product line at different "price points" just so we can market to different customers. We only make products that are the BEST VALUE on the market or we don't make them at all.

Have you wondered why we don't sell speaker wires or why it took YEARS before we sold interconnects and digital cables?

Let me get this straight.

It can take you YEARS before you put a product on the market, but once you do, it gets upgraded frequently?

Sounds backwards to me.

Why not spend those YEARS getting it right to begin with so you're not having to upgrade so frequently?

Rx8man

Simply, do me a small favor and stop quoting me, it reminds me of someone else in these forums, thanks.

Sorry. I'm oldschool. Been communicating online like this for a quarter century now. Back in the day, you'd be admonished if you DIDN'T quote.

I won't quote you again.
I have Three of Ben's 8awg power cords in my system.
They sound incredible. So does his Ribbon IC.
I have tried many many power cords over the years. Been into this hobby for longer than I care to say. Ha!
Ben's 8awg with copper connectors are the best sounding PCs
I have ever tried, and I put down some big bucks on PCs
over the years.
And sound quailty is what care about the most.
And I feel safe using them.
Try one and post your opinion.
I don't need to defend my reputation but I feel the need to correct miss-information people like Simply Q post.

Let's start with electronics 101...

When you shorten the length of a wire or circuit (commonly known as a "short") you LOWER resistance.

If you were to connect a wire between the hot and neutral of a power outlet, simulating a "short" in a power cord, you would trip your circuit breaker. This is because there is no LOAD or RESISTANCE on the circuit and full current is flowing through the breaker.

Now that we've established that Simply Q knows NOTHING about how electronic circuits work, some of you may consider taking any other advice he may have.

As for upgrades to my products and profit motives...

Over the past year I've taken back product from both direct sale customers and distributors and either replaced it with newly upgraded versions or upgraded it for FREE.

This is part of why you see me selling products at a discount on eBay. They are either used, demos, or not quite as good as my current production and that is CLEARLY stated in my eBay listing.

I am CONSTANTLY testing new materials and connectors. Right now as I'm writing this I'm comparing a $150 set of Furutech RCA jacks to the ones I'm currently using.

Last week I switched over to a more durable (and more expensive) braided fabric covering and braided copper shielding.

As I become aware of a better quality or better sounding material or component I switch over to it.

Originally my sales volume was so low I was unable to purchase certain products because I couldn't meet the companies minimum quantity requirements.

These days I'm ordering CASES and custom production runs manufactured to my specifications.

You will soon be seeing products on my website made from these PROPRIETARY wires and components.

YES, my new ribbon wire power cords sound SIGNIFICANTLY better than the NOS ones. Then again, they better since I need to sell them for about 2X the price.

Bottom line: I'm an audiophile first and a businessperson second.

If you don't like my products then don't buy them. If you haven't heard my products then I suggest you don't make a fool out of yourself by commenting on them.

As of now Mojo Audio will be offering a "no risk" 100% money back guaranty. No restocking fees. Ground shipping both directions refunded.

I am also offering a 90 day 100% upgrade program. If you buy ANY product and want to upgrade it for a newer version or a more expensive product I will give you 100% of your original purchase price.

Once again, I put my $$$ where my mouth (or keyboard)is.

As for "pride"...

Anyone that's been reading this thread wouldn't doubt the pride I have in my products. They may doubt my sanity to make such generous refund/upgrade offers and $10K "burst into flame" challenges, but they don't doubt my pride.

I honestly suggest that some of you forum "bashers" move on to a thread where you can pick on someone or something that can't defend themselves. If you keep up with this thread you will only reveal yourself as the small minded, inexperienced, and ignorant loud mouths that you really are.