NOS Western Electric wire used for power cables??

I see that some people are starting to use this wire for speaker cables and ac power cables. Is anyone here using this wire? How does it compare to the cables on the market today? THANK YOU
hifisoundguy
$10K flaming challenge.

OK...I've thought about it and have THREE offers for all of you.

Offer #1: If ANYONE can make one of my power cords burst into flame (that was "burst" not "light") through ANY kind of abuse I will give them $10K and formally apologize on Audiogon.

The rules are as follows:

The cord must be plugged into a normal home wall outlet that is "on code" with proper circuit breaker.

Any substance that would be found in a normal living room can be applied. This would mean alcoholic beverages are OK but gasoline, fulminate of mercury, sodium, or other laboratory chemicals are not OK.

You can crush it, smash it, grind it, drive nails through it, use a sander on it, piss on it, or even coat it with bacon grease to entice you neighbor's obnoxious dog to chew on it.

Proper safety gear is recommended and Mojo Audio is not responsible for any damages caused to any person or property in the process of this challenge.

Mojo Audio assumes only qualified persons with proper safety gear taking proper precautions will attempt this (legal disclaimer).

It is also recommended and acceptable that you plug my power cord into a UL listed extension cord and do all of these things outside of your home in some sort of fire proof area (fire pit, metal can, etc.).

You will QUICKLY get your circuit breaker to trip but BURST INTO FLAME? Not a chance.

BTW, I may also pay for home videos of people attempting this.

Anyone up for the challenge?
100% Refund "No Risk" Offer.

My 2nd offer is that I will now offer not only a refund but refund shipping and pay for return ground shipping on any purchase of my 8AWG Cross-Helix power cords.

Yes, originally I offered 7-days.

Then I offered 30-days.

I am now offering 30-days + ground shipping to and from refunded.

You have NOTHING to loose to compare my power cords to your current reference.

FYI, every person that has tested my 8AWG Cross-Helix has replace or is in the process of replacing all the power cords in their system with them. Everyone.

Now for my 3rd offer...

This one is for Elizabeth only.

I will pay you an additional $100 to compare my 8AWG Cross-Helix to your current reference.

All you have to do is purchase the cord, compare it to what you are currently using, and if you don't decide to keep it I will pay you $100 above and beyond the price you paid and the cost of shipping.

I'm THAT confident that once you compare my 8AWG Cross-Helix to ANYTHING you may have that you would prefer to keep it rather than make $100 profit.

Please note that this offer of a refund can not be used along with the "flame challenge" and that all products must be returned in "like new" condition.

OK. I put my $$$ where my mouth (or keyboard) is...how about the rest of you?
This is pretty entertaining and yes, I do realize that makes me a totally pathetic geek nerd. I would have no fear or concern using Ben's cables by the way...geeez people..........
HAND MADE WITH PRIDE IN USA

That means something to me.

Too bad some people would rather purchase imported products with UL listing made in a sweat shop by uneducated 3rd world slaves.

Mojo Audio not only creates the finest quality in hand made audiophile products, we also create JOBS.

I've recently hired two people to work for me to keep up with the demand for my products.

Also, 100% of Mojo Audio products are made in USA.

Granted, some of our component parts are imported, but the design, assembly, and packaging are all done in the US.

Mojo Audio is also committed to ONLY making products in USA. No matter how great the demand is for our products in the future they will ALWAYS be made in USA. I will NEVER import ANYTHING that I can produce in this country.

Nothing gives me more pride than to ship my US made products to one of my many Asian customers.

Why have their been so many upgrades to Mojo Audio products over the past year? That is because we don't "hold out" like most companies so that they can launch new products at the next show.

Are products are HAND MADE in SMALL BATCHES so we are able to upgrade our materials and methods frequently.

We also don't have a product line at different "price points" just so we can market to different customers. We only make products that are the BEST VALUE on the market or we don't make them at all.

Have you wondered why we don't sell speaker wires or why it took YEARS before we sold interconnects and digital cables?

BTW, speaker wires will soon be available as will USB cables and filtered power distribution centers.

Made with pride in USA still means something to some of us.
A friend and I both had big-name tube amps that are UL listed (joke) go up like the 4th of July, because of unknown weak or defective driver tube(s) upon turn-on, power cords were the least of our issues.

So go get yer fire extinguishers ready, it's gonna be a hot summer.

Simply, do me a small favor and stop quoting me, it reminds me of someone else in these forums, thanks.

The NOS W.E. power cords are here to stay.