NOS Western Electric wire used for power cables??

I see that some people are starting to use this wire for speaker cables and ac power cables. Is anyone here using this wire? How does it compare to the cables on the market today? THANK YOU
hifisoundguy
Anything is possible (just not probable).

Yes, you could have some sort of a low resistance that MAY not trip the breaker and MAY heat up.

You could also get struck by lightning while being stung to death by bees and being hit by piece of space junk that fell off the Russian space station.

To confirm what was already stated: the specific NOS wire I use is MIL SPEC and has cloth covered rubber insulation.

This wire is SIGNIFICANTLY more abrasion and heat resistant than ANY "for domestic use" UL listed cord you could find.

It was ENGINEERED by Western Electric as POWER CORD for ULTIMATE durability and performance. It has been used in the most EXTREME of conditions, such as deserts, Arctic, and aerospace applications

I have some of this wire that's been in use for over 10 years and it shows NO SIGN of fatigue, cracking, or wear.

I have sold HUNDREDS of these cords and NOT ONE has failed in use to date.

They are HAND MADE in USA by either myself or one of my new employees. My employees are all students that are getting their degrees in electronics and I pay them $20/hour to start. No minimum wage slackers work for me (though I do live with 4 fairly lazy cats).

The cords go through SEVERAL inspections and tests along the way including a RESISTANCE TEST after they are assembled.

Personally, I would rather put my faith in a American with technical expertise that is earning a fair wage for their time than some uneducated 3rd world person that is cranking out UL listed products in some sweat shop for less than $10/day.

I would also be most fearful of ANY mass marketed "bargain priced" appliance that is UL listed. What that listing means is that is passed the MINIMUM requirements.

Most of what this UL listing stuff is about has more to do with product liability than with performance. If for some reason their is a product failure that leads to a law suit the company could state that they "did everything possible" and are therefore not negligent.

Let's settle this once and for all:

I challenge anyone to find some way to cause one of my power cords to burst into flame.

If anyone can find some way to make one of my power cords burst into flame while plugged into an outlet that is up to code with a proper circuit breaker I will give them $1,000.

Anybody up for the challenge?
$10K flaming challenge.

OK...I've thought about it and have THREE offers for all of you.

Offer #1: If ANYONE can make one of my power cords burst into flame (that was "burst" not "light") through ANY kind of abuse I will give them $10K and formally apologize on Audiogon.

The rules are as follows:

The cord must be plugged into a normal home wall outlet that is "on code" with proper circuit breaker.

Any substance that would be found in a normal living room can be applied. This would mean alcoholic beverages are OK but gasoline, fulminate of mercury, sodium, or other laboratory chemicals are not OK.

You can crush it, smash it, grind it, drive nails through it, use a sander on it, piss on it, or even coat it with bacon grease to entice you neighbor's obnoxious dog to chew on it.

Proper safety gear is recommended and Mojo Audio is not responsible for any damages caused to any person or property in the process of this challenge.

Mojo Audio assumes only qualified persons with proper safety gear taking proper precautions will attempt this (legal disclaimer).

It is also recommended and acceptable that you plug my power cord into a UL listed extension cord and do all of these things outside of your home in some sort of fire proof area (fire pit, metal can, etc.).

You will QUICKLY get your circuit breaker to trip but BURST INTO FLAME? Not a chance.

BTW, I may also pay for home videos of people attempting this.

Anyone up for the challenge?
100% Refund "No Risk" Offer.

My 2nd offer is that I will now offer not only a refund but refund shipping and pay for return ground shipping on any purchase of my 8AWG Cross-Helix power cords.

Yes, originally I offered 7-days.

Then I offered 30-days.

I am now offering 30-days + ground shipping to and from refunded.

You have NOTHING to loose to compare my power cords to your current reference.

FYI, every person that has tested my 8AWG Cross-Helix has replace or is in the process of replacing all the power cords in their system with them. Everyone.

Now for my 3rd offer...

This one is for Elizabeth only.

I will pay you an additional $100 to compare my 8AWG Cross-Helix to your current reference.

All you have to do is purchase the cord, compare it to what you are currently using, and if you don't decide to keep it I will pay you $100 above and beyond the price you paid and the cost of shipping.

I'm THAT confident that once you compare my 8AWG Cross-Helix to ANYTHING you may have that you would prefer to keep it rather than make $100 profit.

Please note that this offer of a refund can not be used along with the "flame challenge" and that all products must be returned in "like new" condition.

OK. I put my $$$ where my mouth (or keyboard) is...how about the rest of you?